News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I sound very soft to my callers

Started by cl15219, February 15, 2018, 01:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cl15219

Using several obitalk 200 in our conference rooms with vtech vcs702 and vcs704.  During conference calls, callers are routinely complaining that we sound very soft, and other callers are much louder.  We are using Google voice accounts.  Is there any setting/codec I can tweak to improve my side of things?  We can hear the callers fine.  We have a gigabit connection to the internet. 

Thanks in Advance.

azrobert

cl15219

Thanks!  I will try it out and report back.  I'm guessing RX stands for Receiving from the phone, and transmitting to the outside world.

drgeoff

Quote from: cl15219 on February 16, 2018, 12:00:07 PM
I'm guessing RX stands for Receiving from the phone, and transmitting to the outside world.
Your guess is correct.

SteveInWA

Since this setting can seem non-intuitive (backwards) to some people, here is the definition from the Administration guide:

cl15219

I noticed the instructions say -12 to 12, but when I look at what I assume is the right spot it only goes to 6?

Taoman

Quote from: cl15219 on February 16, 2018, 03:32:05 PM
I noticed the instructions say -12 to 12, but when I look at what I assume is the right spot it only goes to 6?
Why don't you try it?

SteveInWA

Yes, you can set it as high as +12.  There is conflicting information between the Admin guide, spec sheet and fly-over help on the expert config page.

I just tested it at +10, and it is loud as hell.  Disclaimer:  I have a slight hearing loss, and my ears are not calibrated decibel meters, hence my unscientific unit of measurement, "loud as hell".  In other words, 12 may not actually be louder than 6, but you'd need instrumentation to determine that, and it depends on the impedance of the telephone microphone.