News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Entering additional numbers after the phone#

Started by MarkNY, February 24, 2018, 02:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkNY

I'm using obi200 with GoogleVoice to dial in to my business conference calls. I need to dial a phone number and then an additional meeting number (6-9 digits+#, then 4-6 digits PIN+#).
It doesn't seem to be working. even though I carefully enter the entire number, it seems to recognize only up to 4 digits.
for example: I dial my conference line: +1-888-111-2222, then I hear an announcement from the bridge and need to enter the meeting number: 123456#, then my PIN. When I enter the last # sign, I get an error announcement saying that I entered incorrect meeting number and tells me that I entered: 1256.
Is there any additional configuration I need to do?

SteveInWA

I can't think of a reason why it would recognize some, digits.  It should either recognize all, or none.

Perhaps you have a bad telephone.  Try swapping it out.

If that doesn't work, and since these are free calls for you, I'd suggest using some other VoIP service provider for these calls.

chilirock

MarkNY,

Here's a test phone number you can call to test DTMF tones, among other things: 1 (631) 791-8378. When you first call the number you will be asked to record a test message and then press "#". After you complete the first test, you will be presented with an IVR menu of several other tests including DTMF, Option 2 and real-time DTMF read back, Option 8.  See if your # key is recognized by the tests.

MarkNY

I tried this test line with two different phones and even # was not recognized.

Taoman

Quote from: MarkNY on February 25, 2018, 10:40:46 AM
I tried this test line with two different phones and even # was not recognized.

Try changing your DTMFMethod to InBand. If that doesn't work, try some of the other options.

Service Providers-->ITSP Profile X-->General-->DTMFMethod

Note: Must uncheck both boxes to the right of the field before editing and then submitting and saving your changes.

SteveInWA

Also:  did you check-mark the selection to use Google Voice with a security alarm?  If so, it's known to interfere with (or completely kill) DTMF.  Don't do that.

MarkNY

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 25, 2018, 02:58:46 PM
Also:  did you check-mark the selection to use Google Voice with a security alarm?  If so, it's known to interfere with (or completely kill) DTMF.  Don't do that.

Disabling Security alarm did the trick! Thank you very much!