News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can Programmable Keys call out through OBiLINE?

Started by TulsaMJ, February 19, 2018, 04:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaMJ

I just got my shiny new OBi1062 and OBiLINE, and I was so excited to set up the Programmable Keys as Speed Dial keys to dial out through my POTS line! But when I put the phone number in on Speed Dial with "Auto" as the line type, I get the three rising tones that usually accompany the "number is out of service" message.

I tried setting the numbers up in Speed Dial slots and putting in the slot number, and I even tried the speed dial version (I think it is 1## for slot 1, 2## for slot 2, etc.) but nothing seems to work. 24 hours ago I sent an email to OBiHAI support, and I haven't received so much as a "We got your email, you will hear back from us shortly" yet.

Any ideas are welcomed!

azrobert

Enter OBi Expert to define a Programmable Key.
Under IP Phone/Programmable Keys
Key x
Function: Speed Dial
Service: OBiLine
Number: 18005551212

Both boxes to the right of the value must be unchecked to make changes.

Define a normal Speed Dial like this: li(18005551212)

You dial the speed dial number or the speed dial number followed by a single #

drgeoff

Quote from: TulsaMJ on February 19, 2018, 04:14:23 PM
I tried setting the numbers up in Speed Dial slots and putting in the slot number, and I even tried the speed dial version (I think it is 1## for slot 1, 2## for slot 2, etc.) but nothing seems to work.
The way to "force" a manually dialled number to use a specific Service Provider is to prefix with **n.

**1 for SP1
**2 for SP2
**3 for SP3
**4 for SP4
**8 Bluetooth connected cellphone
**9 for Obitalk

You can do the same with Speed Dials.  See page 210 of https://www1.obitalk.com/Downloads/dev/doc/OBiPhoneAdminGuide.pdf

The default settings do not have a ** prefix for the LINE port.

TulsaMJ

Quote from: azrobert on February 19, 2018, 08:08:26 PM
Enter OBi Expert to define a Programmable Key.
Under IP Phone/Programmable Keys
Key x
Service: OBiLine
Number: 18005551212

That's exactly how I already have it set up when I go into Expert mode - I had forgotten that I worked on it from that side. When I press a Programmable Key button, the  "li(18005551212)" comes up on the display while the ascending tones sound from the speaker. It totally seems like it should work, but it just doesn't. I'm wondering if there might be some kind of timing issue between the phone and the POTS service? Maybe the PK is dialing too fast? The regular Speed Dials work fine, as does dialing from the Phone Directory.

TulsaMJ

Just heard back from support: "Instead of saying OBILINE as a service, just keep it as SP1 like normal call. But change the number to **8nnnnnnnnnn." I'm not at the phone but I changed the config - my wife will test it later today, or I'll test it when I get home. I think I already tried that, but maybe that's the one setup I didn't try.

I wonder why OBiLINE is even present in the expert config if it doesn't work?

azrobert

**8 on an OBi110, not an OBi10xx is used to route calls to line.

Below is a copy of my OBi1032's Phone DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute. **8 is used to route calls to Bluetooth and **70 is used to route calls to line. I think OBi support had one too many last night.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|***|**0|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**6(Msp6)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**6:>(Msp6)):sp6},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

TulsaMJ

I just tried all of these:

##709185551212
##9185551212
**8;send=S9185551212
##7;send=S9185551212
##;send=S9185551212

**70 is definitely the right code for my phone, but no matter what line I start with, it never works. I have the OBiLINE, my Google Voice, and a Vonage SIP line. I also have a CallCentric account hooked up, but I haven't bought a number so I can't actually dial out through that one.

I'm going to compare my configs to what you posted, azrobert. Maybe I can figure out some tweak that will help.

azrobert

It should be **709185551212

What happens when you enter ## on the keypad and then take the phone off-hook? You should get dial tone from line.

In OBi Expert go to Status/Phone and Line Status
What is the Line status?

I don't have an OBiLine, but my OBi110 shows:
State: On Hook
LoopCurrent: 0 mA
TipRingVoltage: -49 V

TulsaMJ

Quote from: azrobert on February 22, 2018, 08:05:53 PM
What happens when you enter ## on the keypad and then take the phone off-hook? You should get dial tone from line.

I get the dial tone, but that doesn't really prove anything - OBiLine is my default line if you just take it off hook.

Quote from: azrobert on February 22, 2018, 08:05:53 PM
In OBi Expert go to Status/Phone and Line Status
What is the Line status?

I don't have "Phone and Line Status" in the Status section of my OBi Expert screens.  There's a Status | System Status, and it has entries for SP1, SP2, etc., OBiBt Dongle, and OBiTalk service, but interestingly enough, nothing for OBiLine!

I haven't heard back from support in a couple of days. Starting to wonder how much their support people actually know about their own hardware. :(

TulsaMJ

I've started wondering if this might be a dial plan problem. It may be as simple as adding an S1 to the dial plan for li, something like that. I will have to experiment a little to see what I can figure out - does this ring a bell for anyone?

azrobert

S1 shouldn't have any effect, but you can try it if you want. After you dial a number there is normally a 2 second delay. The S1 will change it to 1 second.

You said Line is your primary line, so try this setup:

Service: blank
Number: 8005551212

Edit:
When you specify a service the call bypasses the dial plan and is routed directly to the trunk. When the service is blank the dial plan will process the call and since your primary line is PSTN the call will be routed to Line.

I just noticed OBiHai suggested the service should be set to SP1. I don't understand why.

TulsaMJ

To be 100% clear: traditional Speed Dials work fine with my OBiLINE. What I'm trying to figure out is how to set up Programmable Keys to speed dial out through my OBiLINE. I can easily set up Programmable Keys to dial out through Google Voice or my work SIP line (Vonage), but for some reason I can't speed dial a number using a Programmable Key and have it go out through the OBiLINE. It feels very much like a software glitch.

I think the question that I need to answer is what is different between a Speed Dial call, and a call from a Programmable Key using the PK's "speed dial" functionality. This should be ridiculously simple, and shame on OBiHAI for not having an answer for me through their tech support people.

TulsaMJ

I FOUND MY SOLUTION!

In the expert setup, I set function to "Speed Dial" and put the normal 10-digit number in Number, but in "Service" I just selected the "blank" option - no service. Since OBiLINE is my default service, it uses it with no fuss at all! It's a tad slow, but I think I can live with that! (Why didn't OBiHAI Tech Support just tell me that?)

Problem solved! W00T!

azrobert

Quote from: TulsaMJ on March 09, 2018, 09:45:04 PM
I FOUND MY SOLUTION!
In the expert setup, I set function to "Speed Dial" and put the normal 10-digit number in Number, but in "Service" I just selected the "blank" option - no service.

If you had read my last post, you would had the solution 2 days ago.