News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller Name Lookup...Again

Started by rob71, August 18, 2011, 11:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob71

I've been using OBI with GV for about a month now and am extremely pleased with the one limitation mentioned in this forum—no CID name sent by GV.  I agree with a prior post that looking up the name from my OBI speed dial would be satisfactory. It would pick up the vast majority of my incoming calls. The database is already present so it would not require additional memory and should not be difficult to implement.  And, this speed dial database is extremely easy for users to modify.

It would also be an advantage for other users using a VOIP that sent the CNAM.  It could first check the speed dial database. If it wasn't there it could display the name from the teleco. The name in the speed dial database could be made to be much more recognizable than the standard CID name.

Just my two cents on how to make great product even better.

OZOi

I've logged in this forum today with exactly the same proposal.

Could you please add to the "Speed Dials" page one additional field (column) for each row in the table - "CNAM"? So, instead of just 3 columns it will have 4.

BTW, you could clarify the names of those columns too:
1. Speed dial
2. Phone number
3. CNAM
4. Default

It would help a lot in recognizing the person, who is calling, if you were sending to our phone the value from that manually entered CNAM filed. GV makes it difficult for us by forcing "GOOGLE VOICE" as CNAM for each incoming call.

Thank you in advance!