News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail question with multiple 1062's Google Voice and a POTS line

Started by Holiday, February 23, 2018, 11:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holiday

Hi, I have used OBi110 and 200's for a few years and have had great success with them so I bought 2 1062 models to set up in a small business environment to hopefully expand to 4 1062s for a total of 3 users. One person has 2 offices in the same building.

I basically just want to replace a simple phone system that uses our POTS line which has the 3 different extensions, voicemail and an auto attendant.

I started configuring the phones, but I am wondering how to create a voicemail box for the 3 different users. Currently I have just 1 google voice account and a POTS phone line going into the phone. I am open to creating a CallCentric account (or other service) if needed to accomplish this. Could someone point me in the right direction or if there is a tutorial for this?

I tried searching but I couldn't find this information.

Another thing I havent figured out yet is how to set up and record an auto attendant message to say press 111 or whatever for person 1 112 for person 2 etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I could figure this out I may be able to make a .pdf for people who want to create a small business phone system with these phones.

Also, let me know if I am leaving out any information.

Thanks!

SteveInWA

Hi:

The desired features you described are not supported by Google Voice.  Google Voice is not intended for business use.

You can, however get all those features with Callcentric.  They'll even port in your existing Google Voice numbers for free.  https://www.callcentric.com/lnp/

Holiday

Thanks for the reply!

I would like to keep my current POTS line for the time being. (If I can get everything to work correctly I could port it later.)

If I create 1 CallCentric Line can I make the POTS or GV line have a voicemail in Callcentric somehow?

Also Where do I create the autoattendant message for the extensions?

Thanks again!