News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai on iPhone

Started by Wahtor, August 18, 2011, 03:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahtor

How do I make regular call to for example 555-555-1212 from my iPhone Obihai app?  I tried, but it doesn't work.  I can only call those obihai # with **9 or the test #.

RonR

You need the OBiON App's Voice Gateway set to your OBi's OBiTALK number

AND

You need the following setting in your OBi:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute: {200123456>(Mxxx):xxx},{200123456:aa},{ph}

where 200123456 (2 places) is your OBiON App's OBiTALK number and xxx (2 places) is the trunk name you wish calls to be placed though (sp1, sp2, li, pp, tg1, vg1, etc.).

For the ability to place calls through any trunk on your OBi, see this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0

Wahtor

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the answer... however, I'm a lot less technical than others... I'm probably technologically challenge to most standard.  You mentioned voice settings... however, I can't find anything on Obihai's dashboard or anywhere.  The configuration looks complicated but I assume once I found where to start, I should be able to follow it... hopefully.  So where do we go to configure my obihai?

RonR

You can configure the OBi through the OBiTALK Web Portal's 'OBi Expert' area or you can log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and configure it directly.  I prefer the direct method as configuring through the OBiTALK Web Portal takes more steps and seems more confusing to me.  The only advantage I see to the OBiTALK Web Portal is it lets you configure an OBi that you don't have local access to.

If you configure the OBi directly, you must set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

to prevent the OBiTALK Web Portal from overwriting your settings with its values.

Once you log into the OBi directly (username/password is admin/admin), it's pretty obvious from there.

Wahtor

Thanks Ron... I'll check it out.

You are definitely an expert in this.