News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Feeling a bit duped

Started by BillDoe, February 26, 2018, 02:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

First, on a series 1 OBi there is a restriction on the softphone. It must be able to call without registration. There might be one, but don't know of a softphone that will work on an iPhone. You can use CSipSimple for Android or Phonerlite on Windows. The series 2 OBi doesn't have this restriction.

Generally you need a prefix to route to one of the trunks, unless you can identify a unique pattern.

I use a single digit, a 2 followed 10 digits for routing to SP2. Another way is 10 digits to SP1 and 11 to SP2.

Edit:

Linphone is a softphone that will work on an iPhone.

mhyder1

Quote from: azrobert on March 03, 2018, 01:33:15 PM
Quote from: BillDoe on March 03, 2018, 01:16:01 PM
Thanks for all the recent advice, but sadly I'm still missing something. Specific, non-technical step-by-step instructions for how to do this. I'm not unable to go this route (I've rooted at least a few Android phones in my time, but again, I had specific instructions to follow). Everything I'm reading here or via the links supplied seem to assume a working knowledge of how this all works, jargon, etc. So can anyone point me to a noob guide?

Download the 3rd party firmware here:
http://fw.obifirmware.com/OBi1-1-3-0-2886-naf7.fw

Update your OBi with this firmware.

If you already have GV defined on your OBi1xx, you're done.

If you don't have GV defined, define it the same as with the stock firmware.

This is how I thought it was supposed to work. I have an obi100 with naf firmware installed. My obitalk dashboard shows everything is fine. But whenever I make and outgoing call it get a message saying it was rejected reason 500. Also in my google voice setting I dont have forward to chat. I'd be very thankful for any help.

BillDoe

I finally gave up on making GV work. To undependable and it simply no longer was worth my time futzing with it constantly. I went with CallCentric which has some very inexpensive plans, and the best part is good customer service.