News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Routing: fallback to first available service (bt1> bt2> sp1)?

Started by SPruitt, February 26, 2018, 07:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPruitt

Hello All,

Beginning to set up an Obi212 and two BT adapters for my semi-luddite parents' home phone. Still have PSTN as primary service, but no long distance. Their preference is to use their cell phones for long-distance outbound calls, rather than GV.

It's working great to have inbound calls from both cells ring to PH, but I'm trying to find the right "easy" solution for outbound calling.

I don't think I'll be successful teaching them to dial a ** code before dialing long distance; would rather make the experience transparent, if I can. Fairly confident that I can figure out how set up a dial plan/call route for 7-digit or local 10-digit numbers to be directed to FXO, but what I'm not certain about is how to handle the long-distance calls.

Here's the dilemma:  I don't know which cell phone will be available/connected at any time. Either one could be out of the house.  Is there a way to build a plan for a long-distance call that says:
- use bt1 if it's connected.
- if not available, fall back to bt2.
- If neither is available, then fall back to SP1 or FXO ?

Is this possible?

drgeoff

I don't know if the following will work but it is the first thing I would try.

There are Trunk Groups. http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543101

Define one which includes BT1, BT2, SP1 and LI in that order.  Then configure the call routing to use that Trunk Group for long distance numbers.

I do see that the documentation at the link above does NOT include BT in the list of trunks that can be in a Trunk Group.  That is one reason for the "try it and see".

Edit.  I don't have an OBi2xx device but do have an Obi1032 and OBiBT.  Since writing the above I was able to put bt and an sp in a Trunk Group on the 1032 and make outbound calls using that Trunk Group.  With the cell phone switched on the calls went through it.  With the cellphone switched off the calls went through the sp. So I now have higher hopes that what you want is possible.

azrobert

This is how I would define your OBi212

BT1, BT2 and SP1 DigitMaps:
(1xxxxxxxxxx)

Line DigitMap:
([2-9]xxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxx)

TG1 DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx,[2-9]xxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxx)

TG1 TrunkList:
bt1,bt2,sp1,li

Phone1 Port
PrimaryLine: Trunk Group 1

{(Mpli):pli) in the Phone OutboundCallRoute routes calls to the Primary Line
(Mpli) points to TG1 DigitMap, so 11, 10 and 7 digit numbers will be routed to TG1
TG1 will process the trunk list from left to right
If the call fails or doesn't match the trunk digit map, TG1 will try the next trunk.

11 digits will be routed to BT1
If BT1 fails, BT2 will be tried and then SP1

10 and 7 digits don't match BT1, BT2 and SP1 digit maps, so these trunks are skipped and the call is routed to Line.