News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 Setup Problem

Started by patlaw, April 01, 2018, 10:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patlaw

I've been using an Obi200 successfully for a couple of years. After the first one worked so well, I bought a spare. Just now, I'm trying to install the second one. When I first connected it, everything looked fine, but the Dashboard said I need to update the firmware, which I did. Now, when I click on the gear to configure the second Obi200, I get the message, "The OBi100 and OBi110 has reached it's end of life (EOL) status and are no longer supported. Please upgrade to a more recent OBi device to receive support." While I'm not sure that message has anything to do with this Obi200, I can't get to the page to configure the lines. Everything on the page takes me to Amazon to try to sell me another unit.

What's the solution? What am I overlooking? The second one obviously shows up in the Dashboard, but the Dashboard will not let me configure it.

drgeoff

You can ignore the EOL message but I don't know why you get diverted to an Amazon page when you try to configure the second Obi200.  I am aware of other places on the Dashboard which incorrectly take you to Amazon.

patlaw

Thanks. Some of the problem is pilot error. If I click on [Expand], I can get to the second unit. However, when the second unit is connected, it kills Line 1 (VOIPo) on the first unit. If I disconnect the second unit, Line 1 on the first one reconnects.

Is it correct that the second Obi200 has to use a port other than 5060? As directed in another post, I changed it to 6060 by logging into the Obi200. When I go through the SP1 setup on the second unit, I enter 6060 as the port. However, when I look at the settings directly in the second unit, the port has changed back to 5060. It's not clear to me what I should be doing. For what it's worth, my Google Voice number on the second unit is working just fine. The second VOIPo number (Line 1 on the second unit) will not connect to the VOIPo server. I'm sure the user name, password, and server details are correct.

drgeoff

Do NOT change any settings by logging in locally*.  It is safe to look at settings that way but make changes using Expert mode on the portal. Click the cogwheel containing the red E to get to Expert mode. When you make changes on a page click on Submit at the bottom and wait for the OBi to reboot before continuing.

(*Explained at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109)

patlaw

It turns out I was doing almost everything correctly. When I change the port in the second unit Line 1 setup to 5078, everything started working correctly. That port must be part of the VOIPo setup.

The only thing left, and it's not a big deal, is I somehow changed the name of the Softphone. It appears to be associated with the first unit, but I can't find where I changed the name.

drgeoff

Quote from: patlaw on April 01, 2018, 12:48:25 PM
It turns out I was doing almost everything correctly. When I change the port in the second unit Line 1 setup to 5078, everything started working correctly. That port must be part of the VOIPo setup.

The only thing left, and it's not a big deal, is I somehow changed the name of the Softphone. It appears to be associated with the first unit, but I can't find where I changed the name.
Click the cogwheel on the line of the softphone in the list of your devices on the Dashboard.  The softphone is almost worthless these days but I do use it occasionally.  There is only one softphone per obitalk account - it is not associated with a particular OBi unit.

patlaw

Ok, I thought I was doing it correctly. As strange as it may seem, when I click on the cog wheel and am taken to the next page, EVERY click on the page takes me to Amazon. There is no way to click on anything to make a change. It's the same on two browsers. Hopefully it's a temporary website problem.

Thanks for the help.

drgeoff

Quote from: patlaw on April 01, 2018, 01:15:02 PM
Ok, I thought I was doing it correctly. As strange as it may seem, when I click on the cog wheel and am taken to the next page, EVERY click on the page takes me to Amazon. There is no way to click on anything to make a change. It's the same on two browsers. Hopefully it's a temporary website problem.

Thanks for the help.
No, that bug has been there for weeks if not months.  There is a workaround.

Left click in the box but keep the mouse button down.  Use the keyboard to edit the name and press the Return key.  Release the mouse button.  Even though you go to Amazon the change has been made and saved.