News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 1062 voicemail on device??

Started by MWJeff, March 02, 2018, 09:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWJeff

My set-up is GV to Obitalk with (1) Obi200 and (2) Obi1062's. I have the GV accounts set to take VM. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to establish a VM box on the 1062 devices.

If I receive a call and answer it on the Obihai1062, I can transfer it to the Obi200. If Obi200 does not answer, it is picked up by the voicemail answering machine on the Vtech unit that is attached. If the Obi200 transfers is back to the Obihai1062, but if the extension doesn't answer then it just fails. There doesnt seem to be a answering machine on the unit itself.

Is there some other way to have a voicemail box on the Obihai1062?

Thanks!

MWJeff

Specifically I get a call Failed 900 after approx 60 secs with no answer. The same thing happens unrelated to GV. If I am at one Obi1062 and call the other, I cannot leave a message on that unit. Seems like a pretty basic function that should exist..

drgeoff

OBi ATAs and OBiphones do not have voicemail.  That needs to be provided by your analogue phone on an ATA or by your ITSP or PBX.

MWJeff

Thanks for that info! I dont think I have any of those. Are there any common free or low cost providers for this sort of thing? Like you indicated, my analog phone connected to my Obi200 has it built in. I guess I would need to figure out how to make that happen for each of my 1062's.

Or is there some way to route it back to GV voicemail in the expert settings? Prefer to have each phone have their own voicemail, but if it could at least be routed back to GV - that would be better than the call just ending.

MWJeff

I see that CallCentric might be what I am needing. Signed up for an account with IP Freedom and Voicemail. Just not sure what to do next. I ultimately just want to have it (or something) be a voicemail box for the Obi1062 phone. The rest of my set-up is exactly how I want it. I just need to figure out how to configure CallCentric as a voicemail solution for my 2 Obi1062's.

MWJeff

I see this guide on CallCentric that closely matches the type of phone I have: https://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi1032

I want to keep GV for my voice services, just need help understanding if CallCentric can be used only for a voicemail box. I am somewhat familiar with the ObiExpert settings that are shown here, but not sure if I am even going down the right path. Thanks for any advice!

azrobert

In Callcentric define a call treatment to route all calls for your account (1777xxxxxxx) to voicemail. You can optionally send an email notification when a message is recorded.

OBi1062

Define a dummy SIP trunk on SP2

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : Checked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

Forward calls to Callcentric on no answer

IP Phone -> Phone Settings ->
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: sp2(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount: 3

MWJeff

Thank you for your help on this! I got all of this working. Wanted to see if you had any insight on if this can interact be setup to turn on the indicator light when a new voicemail is in? A video tutorial online shows this model of phone having a "Messages" setting in the options, but I do not see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GynenDWdWas&t=66s

Is this possible?

MWJeff

MWJeff

okay, I see the messaging center after enabling it, but Im not sure if the message indicator light is working right.

I setup the Callcentric account on line SP6. I can call and check the voicemail if I use SP6 to dial the number and extension (I have multiple extensions setup).

So the light seems to just stay on. Regardless of what messages are in the box.

Also, the SP6 line comes up in the Message center, but does not seem to be actually interacting with the voicemail box. When you go into the Message Center, the New/Old message count only shows "-/-"
The "Check VM" soft key doesn't do anything.

I imagine that this is just a matter of settings. If anyone has info, please let me know!

MWJeff

So before the last post I set these configs in SP6

Voice Services > SP6 > Calling Features
MWIEnable - checked
X_VMWIEnable - checked
X_MessageCenterEnable - checked
MessageWaiting - checked

I then set these to correct the Check VM softkey

Voice Services > SP6 > Calling Features
X_CheckVoiceMailNumber - 1777xxxxxxxxxx102 (102 is the extension)
X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey - checked

The things that do not seem to still be working are:
1. Indicator light always remains red
2. Message count does not reflect accurately. Line reads "Normal:New/Old: -/-"

azrobert

I have an OBi1032 and the message waiting LED works correctly. I have an IP Freedom account with only 1 VM. The 1032 has Build: 4666EX.1311.

My Settings:
Voice Services > SP5 > Calling Features
MWIEnable - checked
X_VMWIEnable - checked
X_MessageCenterEnable - checked

You shouldn't check MessageWaiting, but I don't think it will cause problems if you do. That parm will automatically get check when there is a message waiting.

I defined a Programmable key to access VM like this:
Function: Speed Dial
Service: SP5
Number: *123

The Red Message LED turns on immediately after a message is recorded and I hang up. It will turn off immediately after I delete a new message or save it. I do NOT get the stutter tone when I take the phone off-hook.

I never setup the 1032 for message waiting and don't know what I'm doing. How do you display the message counts?