News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

FreePhoneLine 911 fees

Started by jtan, March 03, 2018, 08:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtan

Hi

FreePhoneLine stated

"Please note, calls to 911 are subject to a $35 fee which is payable after the call is made, failure to remit payment may result in termination of service."

Has any one here use FreePhoneLine to dial 911 and got charged ?

Is dialing 911 through cell phone the same as dialing through landline with all of your physical address displayed in the 911 call center ?

SteveInWA

If they say that they'll charge you $35, why do you think you can get away with not being charged?

Two years of E911 service from Callcentric, at $1.50/month = $36.  It works.

Calling 911 via a VoIP phone that is subscribed to a 911 service uses street address information that you configure with that service before you need it.  Assuming you have done that, then it's likely more accurate than calling from a mobile phone, with regard to your physical location at that address.  The calls accomplish the same thing - they go to your local emergency call center.

GPz1100

^^One hears occasional reports on the news of how broken mobile 911 service is.  Many times requiring at least one or more transfers before the call hits the correct call center.

From that perspective (and in actual testing) voip e911 (through callcentric) went directly to the local dispatch - same people who answer the call when POTS service was active.

Is that $35 fee per 911 call?  If so, then that's not a very good deal.  I don't believe callcentric has a limit on the number of e911 calls made monthly?

Around here, an ambulance ride will cost you a lot more than that! $700+, depending on what's done en route.

-----------

From reading their service offerings, you're better off with google hangouts at no charge.

dudly

Just made a call using my E911 from Callcentric.  It was for a non emergency, but that is how our village wants us to contact the police.  It worked perfect ( the first time i have tried it in a number of years).  I had no idea who was going to answer, but in talking with the local dispatcher, he told me E911 calls go to the closest 911 center near your address, which in my case is the local police department.