September 23, 2014, 11:22:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: DTMF tone # problem using Obitalk and X-Lite  (Read 21883 times)
officemgr
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:26:51 am »

Searched the forums but can't find an answer for this. I would like to use the x-lite and obiapp on my PC to dial into my voice mail. I can dial in and the voice mail recognizes the * tone, but when I put in my pin and then hit #, the system doesn't recognize the tone at all and after a few attempts disconnects. Have tried this several times with the same results. I have no problem with making and receiving regular calls using x-lite and obiapp but the # tone seems to never be recognized.

I noticed through Googling that this is an issue with other soft phones and those had fixes for them. Is there a fix or a workaround for this? I looked through the account settings and preferences in x-lite and obiapp but saw nothing I thought I could change to fix this, so I'm hoping someone can give me some insight.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:30:54 am by officemgr » Logged
QBZappy
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:54:32 am »

I use Eyebeam. I was more or less familiar with the hidden advance settings page. I found this on the dslreports forum. It might help.

[Eyebeam, X-lite] Accessing Voicemail via Softphone
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16900719

Here are the instructions on accessing DTMF parameters and changing for SIP INFO DTMF:
Dial ***7469 (send)
Once you get the advanced options menu up, filter first for DTMF. Find the Force Inband DTMF entry, and change the value to 0.
Then filter for 2833. Find the RTP 2833 enabled line, and change this value to 0.
This will work for servers requiring SIP INFO DTMF. If you are still not successful, please try any combination of enabled/disabled until you get the setup that will work for your server.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street.
RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:56:32 am »

FWIW, I'm using X-Lite 4 with OBiAPP for PC and the # key DTMF appears to work fine.

Is your OBi updated with the latest firmware : 1.2.1 (Build: 2384)

You might also try enabling:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> General -> X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF : (checked)
officemgr
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:47 pm »

RonR: I updated my OBi a few days ago with the latest firmware from my dashboard. Where would I find:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> General -> X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF : (checked)

Correction: I found it and it's checked for both the Obi and the softphone (A General and B General)

In Advanced Preferences in x-lite and it is set up for DTMF 2833, but it is also checked for "send in band". Could unchecking this make a difference? I tried to dial ***7469 but after the three *s it went straight to a voice activated menu and I didn't know if it was the OBi menu or x-lite so I gave it up (don't want to mess up my OBi).

Thank you to both of you for your suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:14:39 pm by officemgr » Logged
QBZappy

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 01:06:30 pm »

officemgr,

filter first for DTMF. Find the Force Inband DTMF entry, and change the value to 0.
Then filter for 2833. Find the RTP 2833 enabled line, and change this value to 0.
This will work for servers requiring SIP INFO DTMF. If you are still not successful, please try any combination of enabled/disabled until you get the setup that will work for your server.

I think only one of those settings should say value = 1. Play around with those settings, see what happens.

The # key DTMF appears to work fine with me as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:09:59 pm by QBZappy » Logged

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street.
officemgr
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 01:08:34 pm »

officemgr,

filter first for DTMF. Find the Force Inband DTMF entry, and change the value to 0.

I think only one of those settings should say value = 1. Play around with those settings, see what happens.
When you dial the ***7469, how do you know if you're in the x-lite advanced menu? Sorry, I'm kind of a newbie at this.
QBZappy

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 01:18:18 pm »

From the keyboard or Xlite dial ***7469. Press enter on the keyboard or the green call button on the softphone. A new window will pop up. That is the advance options window. Note the filter button on top. You need to use the filter to be able to spot those settings faster. I just checked mine. Both DTMF and 2833 have an enabled setting =  "1"

RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 01:25:53 pm »

When I dial ***7469 in X-Lite, that number is simply transmitted and the OBi's Auto Attendant answers because it's not a valid number.  No advanced menu pops up.

I would uncheck In-Band and see if that helps.
officemgr
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 01:35:34 pm »

When I dial ***7469 in X-Lite following QBZappy's instructions, I hear "Welcome to obi attendant"....I didn't get any additional pop up window. Does something have to be checked or unchecked in preferences in order to get that popup menu?

RonR: I tried unchecking In-Band, but it made no difference. I even tried holding the keys longer and still got cut off by the voicemail service.  Undecided
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:37:09 pm by officemgr » Logged
QBZappy

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 01:43:19 pm »

I don't know what else to say. It works that way on my Eyebeam.

RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 01:46:25 pm »

When I dial ***7469 in X-Lite following QBZappy's instructions, I hear "Welcome to obi attendant"....I didn't get any additional pop up window. Does something have to be checked or unchecked in preferences in order to get that popup menu?

I don't believe ***7469 is applicable to X-Lite.
officemgr
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 01:48:19 pm »

I don't believe ***7469 is applicable to X-Lite.

That makes sense as to why it didn't work.  Smiley

Any other suggestions to try?
RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 01:50:42 pm »

Is it only the # key you're having trouble with?

If so, does the # key work properly with DTMF recognition systems other than your voicemail?
QBZappy

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 02:02:54 pm »

DTMF not functioning after latest update (Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:47 am )
http://forums.counterpath.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=18879&sid=8c95178ae228edf75198a1b004a431a2

Counterpath thread:
I hear the DTMF tones in my headset, but the conferencing service tells me that the ID is incorrect whenever I hit # after the ID number. I've tried to modify all the settings under Advanced - DTMF, and nothing works.

(Using X-Lite 4 build 63214, Windows 7 x64)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:07:02 pm by QBZappy » Logged

RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:22 pm »

officemgr,

If you want to determine once and for all if the problem is with X-Lite, install and run a Sysog server on your PC.  In the OBi, set:

System Management -> Device Admin -> Syslog -> Server : (your PC's LAN IP address)

Then dial your OBi's OBiTALK number from X-Lite which will connect you to the Auto Attendant.  Press 2 to make a new call.  Enter a # key and watch the Syslog output.  If the # key is being recognized, you'll see it in the Syslog output and know that X-Lite is in fact sending a # key.
RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 02:13:50 pm »

I'm Using X-Lite 4 build 63214 under Windows 7 x64 and DTMF is functioning perfectly here with OBiAPP for PC.

officemgr
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 02:20:54 pm »

Is it only the # key you're having trouble with?

If so, does the # key work properly with DTMF recognition systems other than your voicemail?

I seem to have no problem using the keypad provided with Google Voice, when logged into my gmail account for retrieving my voicemail, so I assumed that it was x-lite that is the issue/problem. And yes, it seems to be the # key as the voicemail reads back what I typed in and then rejects my call.
officemgr
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 02:28:35 pm »

DTMF not functioning after latest update (Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:47 am )
http://forums.counterpath.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=18879&sid=8c95178ae228edf75198a1b004a431a2

Counterpath thread:
I hear the DTMF tones in my headset, but the conferencing service tells me that the ID is incorrect whenever I hit # after the ID number. I've tried to modify all the settings under Advanced - DTMF, and nothing works.

(Using X-Lite 4 build 63214, Windows 7 x64)
Interesting, I hear all the tones too, including * and #, but the # is not recognized by my voicemail with x-lite. I'm going to try RonR's suggestion on running a Sysog server on my PC.

I checked for any updates on the x-lite 4 and I have the latest version, same build as yours RonR, but I'm using it with Windows 7 x32. Shouldn't make a difference though.

RonR: I logged into my System Management and got to Syslog, and did enter my IP address:

System Management -> Device Admin -> Syslog -> Server : (your PC's LAN IP address)

Do I hit submit and then where do I find the syslog output to check after I dial my obitalk number and 2? Sorry I'm a confused newbie!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:23:52 pm by officemgr » Logged
RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27:29 pm »

RonR: I logged into my System Management and got to Syslog, and did enter my IP address:

Do I hit submit and then where do I find the syslog output to check after I dial my obitalk number and 2? Sorry I'm a confused newbie!

After changing any setting in the OBi, you have to click on Submit to actually enter the change.  Any changes you make won't take effect until after you reboot the OBi.

You then have to run a Syslog server program on your PC that will display and capture the information that the OBi will send to the IP address you entered.  There's no shortage of free Syslog servers for Windows to be found using Google.

BTW, editing an existing post isn't a great way to add new information or ask a new question at a later date.  It's easy to go unnoticed.  Editing should be reserved for correcting errors.
officemgr
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 10:36:13 am »

After changing any setting in the OBi, you have to click on Submit to actually enter the change.  Any changes you make won't take effect until after you reboot the OBi.

You then have to run a Syslog server program on your PC that will display and capture the information that the OBi will send to the IP address you entered.  There's no shortage of free Syslog servers for Windows to be found using Google.

BTW, editing an existing post isn't a great way to add new information or ask a new question at a later date.  It's easy to go unnoticed.  Editing should be reserved for correcting errors.

Okay, I get it now. Thought there was a syslog option included in the OBi adminstrative area but that didn't seem right.

I understand what you meant about the post editing. I was in a hurry and...well it won't happen in the future.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: