News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Keep getting call from YM-OBi-O????

Started by w84no1, August 19, 2011, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w84no1

I keep getting weird calls from YM-OBi-O-1166??  The phone will have a fast ring and when I answer there is nobody on the other end?  Here is what call log looks like.

QBZappy

Could just be a wrong number. Call back the OBi number and see if someone picks up.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: w84no1 on August 19, 2011, 04:04:03 PM
I keep getting weird calls from YM-OBi-O-1166??

If it becomes a problem, you should be able to eliminate them by adding the following:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200029309:}, ...

w84no1

Quote from: RonR on August 19, 2011, 04:36:50 PM
Quote from: w84no1 on August 19, 2011, 04:04:03 PM
I keep getting weird calls from YM-OBi-O-1166??

If it becomes a problem, you should be able to eliminate them by adding the following:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200029309:}, ...

Thanks Ron.

w84no1

I do have one question, how is someone calling me when I don't have a number associated with the OBI?

What is P2P1?  Is it how one OBI connects to another?  Is there any way to block receiving calls from other OBIs?  I only want people to be able to ring my phone if they call the providers I setup on the OBI.

RonR

Every OBi has a 9-digit OBiTALK number thst can be called from other OBi's or OBiON Apps.

I don't recommend it, but if you really want to disable it:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> Enable : (unchecked)

P2P1 is the OBiTALK service.

jimates

YM-OBi-O-1166?? is the name given to the othe Obi by the owner. Your call log shows the numbers the calls are coming from. You can block the individual numbers without disabling the service.

QBZappy

w84no1

OBiTALK Service->Enable = uncheck both check marks

This will shut the OBitalk service. However I think it will also shut you off the OBi portal service, any auto provisioning you may want to enable, remote firmware updates from OBi, ect...

Another way is just to block all calls from OBis. Obis seem to start with 2 and 3, using a variation of what RonR suggested you could setup a comprehensive call block.
Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : <- insert rule here

P2P1 is probably means peer to peer. Which is how the OBi is setup on their network.

Edit: Clarify
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: QBZappy on August 19, 2011, 08:21:38 PM
Another way is just to block all calls from OBis. Obis seem to start with 2 and 3, using a variation of what RonR suggested you could setup a comprehensive call block.
Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute :

A blank InboundCallRoute will not block any calls.  A blank InboundCallRoute sends all calls to the PHONE Port.

To block all incoming calls from the InboundCallRoute:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {@:}

w84no1

Thanks guys.  I will just block the 2 numbers that have called for now.