News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi2182 won't setup.

Started by SSGVo, March 08, 2018, 01:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSGVo

I just got the Obi2182 phone in today. Such a beautiful device.  I'm trying to add it to my Obitalk, but when I do step where I type, **5 and the code... I keep getting the message: "There is no call route available to complete your call"  It's going on 2 hours now.

I've tried Wifi and then connecting the phone to a LAN. Please advise. Thank you.

drgeoff

Can you reach the Obi echo test when you dial **9 222 222 222 ?

SSGVo

Yes. the ObiTalk echo voice works well.

drgeoff

That's unusual and the only thing I can suggest is a complete reset.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/obi-ip-phone/phn-factory-reset is for the older 1000 series phones but I expect it is also applicable to the new 2000 ones.

Use the LAN connection initially and swap over to Wi-Fi, if that is what you want, later when everything else seems OK.

SSGVo

Argh... fudgecicles.. I factory reset the phone, plugged it into the LAN.  Still there's no call route available...

drgeoff

Quote from: SSGVo on March 08, 2018, 02:03:34 PM
Argh... fudgecicles.. I factory reset the phone, plugged it into the LAN.  Still there's no call route available...
Have you bought this phone from a retail vendor or has it come from eg an Internet Telephony Service provider?

SSGVo

I bought this phone through Amazon.

SSGVo

Sent a couple emails to Obihai.. no response yet.  I'm going through some of the config... I see this.  Could this be the cause of the error? Customization Status.. Contacting server: File not found.

Product Informationhelp
Parameter Name   Value   OBiTALK
Settings   
ModelName   OBi2182      help
MACAddress   xxxxx      help
SerialNumber   xxxxx   help
OBiNumber   xxxxx      help
HardwareVersion   1.0      help
SoftwareVersion   6.2.2 (Build: 4788.1311)      help
SystemTime   16:44:05 03/09/2018, Friday      help
UpTime   0 Days 17:23:36 (31)      help
CertificatesStatus   Installed      help
CustomizationStatus   Contacting Server: File Not Found      

SteveInWA

Quote from: SSGVo on March 09, 2018, 09:32:57 PM
Sent a couple emails to Obihai.. no response yet.  I'm going through some of the config... I see this.  Could this be the cause of the error? Customization Status.. Contacting server: File not found.   

Well, not the cause, but a failure symptom.  That status means that your phone has never successfully contacted the OBiTALK provisioning server, which downloads a default customization file when it's first registered, or, less likely, it means that the phone was pre-programmed for a service provider and it's trying to contact that service provider's provisioning server.  Out of curiosity, did the brown Obihai box have a factory seal on it that was unbroken?

About all I can suggest would be to take the phone somewhere else, like a friend's, family members' or work location, plug it into an Ethernet LAN connection (NOT WiFi) and try again.  If that fails, you need to open a ticket with Obihai; it's not something you can fix yourself.

SteveInWA

By the way, I recommend that you delete your 9:32PST post, because it contains all of your phone's identifying information, including its OBi number, which any other OBi user can call.

SSGVo

Yes, the box Amazon sent had the obihai sticker and came in a brown box.

I modified the 932 post. Thanks for your help Steve. I'll try at another location today.

ddarvish

i got the same phone from amazon which shipped directly from obihai and i am experiencing the same problem so please post any updates or solution

SteveInWA

It might be that the server that the OBi's are trying to contact is down/offline.  There are occasional problems like this over weekends that mysteriously get fixed on Monday mornings.  So, you may want to just relax and try again on Monday.  Otherwise, opening a ticket with Obihai is the next step.