News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

FXS to FXO and FXO to FXS

Started by Roddy, March 10, 2018, 12:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roddy

Gentlemen,

I'm not completely new to ATAs, but I still need assistance to get the most of my OBI 110.
I previously had an SPA 3102, which I didn't configure myself.
The box was abroad, and I had a landline connected to it and my sip provider was Broadvoice with a 212 number.
In NYC I used to dial my Broadvoice 212 number and after 5 rings, I'd enter a short password and get the overseas dial tone, hence saving a bundle.
Likewise i was able to do the opposite when overseas I'd ask my friends to dial the overseas number to access the U.S. 212 dial tone.
Now I couldn't exactly figure out how to do the same on OBI 110 with the help of the manual!!
I configured GV and it is registered as SP1. And configured SP2 for Voicebuy-long distance provider, and it is also registered.
I also connected a landline and am able to make and receive calls.
Thus I kindly need your assistance to achieve the aforementioned SPA3102 setup on my OBI 110 , which I believe it's as good as the OBI 110, if not even better!

Appreciate your advise & assistance.

azrobert

The following assumes you want to use GV to send and receive calls.
Use OBi Expert to make the following changes:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{11_Digit_CallerID:aa},{ph}

GV will send an 11 digit CallerID

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port  
InboundCallRoute: sp1(Number_to_call),ph
DigitMap: add a rule to match the outbound number

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant
Under Auto Attendant Prompts
Welcome: &pause()
MenuTitle: &pause()

Call the GV number
You will be connected to the Auto Attendant
Enter 2 to make a new call then the outbound number followed by #
Inbound will use GV to call the number supplied

Edit:

You can bypass the Auto Attendant and get dial tone from PTSN:
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(<14805551212:>):li},{ph}

If you want to use more than 1 phone number:
{(<14805551212:>|<14805551313:>):li},{ph}

Roddy

Thanks for your response. I may not have been able to ask my question in
technical jargon as much as i was Unable to follow yours.
I will therefore try to simplify hoping you can give me direction in the layman's jargon.

I have:

1-  SP1 Google Voice Connected (212) xxx xxxx - to make and receive calls within USA
2-  SP2 Generic Service Provider       Registered - to make International calls  - ONLY
3-  Physical Interfaces - Line - connected to a local landline +44 xxxx xxxx

What I need to achieve:

1- Anyone calling 212 xxxxxxx will either have me answer the call or will get the +44xxxxxxx dial tone after 4 rings, and after he entered a short pin eg. 0019, to access UK subscribers.

2- Anyone calling +44 xxxx xxxx will either have me answer the call or will get the (212) xxx xxxx dial tone after 4 rings, and after he entered a short pin eg. 0019, to access U.S. subscribers.

Appreciate you guidance.

azrobert

I didn't understand your requirements and I'm still not sure. Are you at the same location as the OBi110?

The OBi110 has a function called the Auto Attendant. When routed to the AA you will get 3 options (1,2 or3).
Continue the call - This will send the call to the OBi110 phone port
Make a new call - You enter an outbound number followed by a #
Callback - Enter a number and the AA will call that number after hang-up
You can add a Pin to options 2 and 3

You can't modify the 3 AA options, but you can have a custom prompt giving only the 2nd option.
The prompt would say something like "Enter 2 followed by the outbound number then a #".

An inbound call can be routed to the AA after 4 rings, so it can do your option 1 or 2. The AA default is to send calls to PSTN. If you want to route a call to GV, you need to prefix the number with **1. The AA can also route the call by format, so 11 digit numbers can be routed to GV and everything else to PSTN or whatever rules you want to use.  You can't get dial tone from the trunk with the AA, you enter a number and then it's routed to a trunk.

OBi Expert is used to make advanced configuration changes. You will need to understand how to use it. This will be different than your previous setup, so let me know what you want to do.

drgeoff

Looks like the OBi110 is in the UK from the mention of a landline +44 xxxx xxxx though there are no UK numbers of exactly that format.  Most would need to be DTMF'd to a UK landline as 0 followed by 10 digits.

An understanding of the capabilities of the AA is they key to the OP meeting his requirements. http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543095

Roddy

PSTN to VoIP Gateway and VoIP Gateway to PSTN

My current setup

1- SP1: Google Voice

2- SP2: VOIP provider (for long distance)

3- Land line plugged into LINE port

OBI110 is in my home in the UK.

- I typically make and receive calls to/from the USA through Google Voice(SP1),

- And use my Voip International provider (SP2) to call International,

- And, use the handset to make and receive calls through my UK land line.

All I need now is to be able to configure my OBI 110 like how my ( SPA 3102 ) which i previously had, was configured and allowed me:

1- PSTN to VoIP Gateway
allows me to dial in from an external location, through the PSTN line and then dial out using
a VoIP provider, and configure the PSTN to VoIP gateway using a PIN number.

2- VoIP Gateway to PSTN
allows me to dial in from an external location, through the VoIP gateway and then dial out using
a the PSTN, and configure the VoIP Gateway to PSTN using a PIN number.

azrobert

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: aa()
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount: 4

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant
AnswerDelay: 0
OutboundCallRoute:
{(Msp1):sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
UsePIN: Checked
Pin1: 1234

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port
DigitMap: (xx.S2)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: aa()
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount: 4

You need to use OBi Expert to make above changes.
To enter OBi Expert from the Dashboard click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBi110 then select OBi Expert Config, confirm and select Enter OBi Expert.
To navigate click on the titles with the + then click on a sub-title.
An example: click on Service Providers then click ITSP Profile A General.
To make a change BOTH boxes to the right of the value must be unchecked.
When all changes are complete on this page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi110 and reboot it.

Calls on SP1 or Line will be routed to the Auto Attendant after 4 rings.
After the prompt enter 2
You will be asked for a Pin
Enter 1234#
You will be asked for a number
Enter a number followed by a #
If it's a 10 or 11 digit US number, it will be routed to SP1.
All other numbers will be routed to Line.
If you want to use SP2 enter **2 followed by a number and #

Roddy

Dear azrobert,

Thank you for your reply.
Testing the your configuration, I found the following by dialing from outside:

1- Dialing the SP1 number, after logging in I get SP1 dial tone to call USA number from google voice, which is not    
   really helpful, but;

2- Dialing the SP1 number, after logging in I also got SP2 option which allowed me to dial through my long distance
   voip provider - perfect.

3- Dialing the SP1 number, after logging in I'm not given the option to dial through the UK landline.

3- Dialing the UK landline will not give my a prompt or allow me to dial USA numbers through the landline.

Therefore, what I exactly need to do is:

If anyone is given permission, they should be able to:

In the UK:
Call my local UK ( LINE ) number and access SP1 dial tone to the USA OR access SP2 dial tone to make international calls.

In the USA:
Call US local number ( SP1 ) and access SP2 dial tone to make international calls OR access my UK local number ( LINE ) to reach phones in the UK.

Once again, I thank you for your patience and help.

Kind regards,

Roddy

drgeoff

Quote from: Roddy on March 13, 2018, 03:34:59 AM
Dear azrobert,

Thank you for your reply.
Testing the your configuration, I found the following by dialing from outside:

1- Dialing the SP1 number, after logging in I get SP1 dial tone to call USA number from google voice, which is not    
   really helpful, but;

2- Dialing the SP1 number, after logging in I also got SP2 option which allowed me to dial through my long distance
   voip provider - perfect.

3- Dialing the SP1 number, after logging in I'm not given the option to dial through the UK landline.

3- Dialing the UK landline will not give my a prompt or allow me to dial USA numbers through the landline.

Therefore, what I exactly need to do is:

If anyone is given permission, they should be able to:

In the UK:
Call my local UK ( LINE ) number and access SP1 dial tone to the USA OR access SP2 dial tone to make international calls.

In the USA:
Call US local number ( SP1 ) and access SP2 dial tone to make international calls OR access my UK local number ( LINE ) to reach phones in the UK.

Once again, I thank you for your patience and help.

Kind regards,

Roddy

I'm confused by your findings.  :(

No matter whether you reach the OBi110 by the GV number or the PSTN number, if not manually answered within 4 rings the AutoAttendant should pick up saying  "Welcome to OBi Attendant. Main menu ...".

You press 2 and are asked to enter the PIN followed by the # key.  You press 1234# and are requested to enter the number you wish to call followed by #.  You do so and are told to wait while your call is connected. At no stage should you hear dial tone.

The routing is done automatically.  11 digit numbers starting with a 1 and 10 digit numbers are sent to GV.  Other numbers are sent to the PSTN line.  Or use the usual **n prefixes to force calls to a specific one of your three service providers.

azrobert

Make sure the AA's Primary Line is set to PSTN. Uncheck both boxes to the right of the value to see the real value. I didn't tell you to change this because PSTN is the default.

Voice Services ->  Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Are you saying when you call the UK number it rings more than 4 times and you don't get the AA prompt?

If you are not getting the prompt, make sure you are at the current firmware level, build 2886. If you're not at 2886, here is the download:

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw

Edit.
When you call the SP1 number, try dialing **8 followed by a UK number to send the call to Line. You shouldn't have to use a prefix, but maybe something isn't set correctly.

Go to Status -> System Status -> SoftwareVersion to see your firmware version

Roddy

Hello Azrobert,

Apologies for late response as I was sick like a dog with a terrible flu!

All of the above settings were precisely applied, and the SW is 1.3.0 (Build: 2886).
AA's Primary Line is set to PSTN.
However;
AUTO ATTENDANT isn't working on the PSTN LINE, hence if you dialed my landline you won't get
a prompt to dial through SP1 or SP2. It'll just ring!!

Roddy

drgeoff

I cannot see why the AA is not getting the call.  However I do see that you have not configured the LINE port to use correct or more optimum parameters for a UK line.  See attached screenshot.

(Also suggest you redact the OBi number from your screenshot.  Anyone with an OBi can call that - and, if you are using 1234 as the PIN, make calls on your accounts.)

azrobert

I was able to reproduce your problem on my OBi110. The call just rings and doesn't get routed to the AA. I even tried routing the call to SP1 by using number sp1(1623594100) and it also failed, so the problem is with call forwarding and not the AA. My Call History showed the call routed to SP1, but ended after 2 seconds. The caller only heard ringing.

The only other way you can do this is to route calls to the AA by CallerID. If you do this, you won't need the PIN.

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute:
{0123456789:aa},{ph}

If you want to route more than 1 CallerID, separate them with a vertical bar:
{0123456789|0123456788:aa},{ph}

Roddy

Dear azrobert,

Thanks for your response and simulating my issue.

Again, I tried call forwarding with no luck!

Have you tried it yourself?

On the other hand the fact that AA IS WORKING with SP1 & 2 BUT not PSTN is driving me crazy.
What was a breeze on SPA3102 is now an issue with OB110, though theoretically OB110 should be better!

Your input is more than appreciated,

Thank you,

Roddy

drgeoff

Have you changed the CallerIDDetectMethod to FSK(V23)?  DTMF for Caller ID is not the norm in the UK.

Roddy

Yes drgeoff, I did change to FSK(V23).

drgeoff

Are you at the OBi110?  If yes, use the local web management interface to examine the Call History.  That will show if the incoming calls are having the Caller ID recognised and where they are being routed to.  Unfortunately you cannot access Call History using the portal.

And just to dismiss simple things.  Can you confirm that the PSTN line does have CallerID service?  For example that is a chargeable optional extra on BT lines.

I can confirm that I could not get UnconditionalCallForward nor the Unanswered version from PSTN to aa to work on my 110.  I can confirm that routeing incoming calls on the PSTN line from specific numbers to the aa does function as expected on my 110.

Roddy

- I have a GSM to Phone Adapter Device and the GSM line has call waiting
  ( https://www.amazon.com/Phone-Adapter-Device-Dial-Tone/dp/B00HJM6K7E )

- I can use the PSTN/LINE to make **8  & receive (with caller ID) thru OBI 110 alright.

- It is when you call my SP1 (Google voice) and after 4 rings, for example, you want to get hold
  of my UK PSTN/LINE to make a local call in the UK.

- Routing incoming calls on the PSTN line from specific numbers to the aa does NOT function.

- I found this on VOXILLA;
  " If Google Voice works then you want to setup an incoming call to your PSTN line to go to the Automated    
  Attendant (aa). Setup the OBi110 Line Port InboundCallRoute to go to aa:
  Physical Interfaces --> LINE Port --> InboundCallRoute ... set to aa or {aa}

Then you need to setup the Automated Attendant to dial on SP1 your GoogleVoice port:

Voice Services --> Auto Attendant --> PrimaryLine ... set to SP1 Service

I haven't tried it though!

drgeoff

Now you tell us.  :(

That adaptor is more likely to supply US stye CallerID.  Set your CallerIDDetectMethod to FSK(Bell202).  Actually set all the parameters in that section back to default values.