News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

sip2sip.info Does not Work

Started by Fred, August 20, 2011, 07:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

I setup a SIP account using sip2sip and tested the credentials using X-lite and it works just fine, incoming calls no problem.

I tried setting up on SIP 2 on the OBI100 and the OBI is responding with:

Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=81.23.228.140:5060; retrying)

In the setup I am using sip2sip.info as the server, port 5060 and my appropriate credentials.  Again, X-lite works fine with this setup.  I also disabled my firewall, still not working. 

Any ideas?  Is there a log file generated by the Obi that may tell me something?

RonR

These are the only settings on SP2/ITSPB you should need to set:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword

Everything else on SP2/ITSPB can (and probably should) be at Default to get started.

Fred

Thanks, RonR.  Those are set through my ObiTalk account and they are the same values I have working in x-Lite.

Can the error "No Response from Server" have to do with the ObiTalk servers blocking sip2sip.info on port 5060?  Just wondering what else it can be. I am still a newbie to the world of SIP.

Thanks for your help!

RonR

Quote from: Fred on August 20, 2011, 01:19:31 PM
Can the error "No Response from Server" have to do with the ObiTalk servers blocking sip2sip.info on port 5060?

SIP and XMPP (Google Voice) don't go through the OBiTALK servers.  The OBi is a standalone ATA except for the OBiTALK Voice service (for which Obihai supplies the server).  Everything (even OBiTALK Voice service) works regardless of whether you sign up and use the OBiTALK Web Portal or not.

When I get done mowing the grass (there's an acre of it  :( ), I'll sign up for a sip2sip account and see if I can get registered.

Fred

Thanks, RonR.  While you are mowing I'll keep working on it.  If I come up with an answer I'll post here.

Thanks!

Fred

Suddenly it is working.  The configuration used is:

> proxy    = sip2sip.info
> outbound proxy = proxy.sipthor.net
> username = 2233xxxxxx

The proper configuration example for sip2sip can be seen from:
http://wiki.sip2sip.info/wiki/SipDevicesNokia

RonR

I'm glad you got it working, Fred, and thanks for letting us know the solution.

I'm not familiar with sip2sip.info.  What services does it offer and how do you plan to make use of it?

Fred

Yeah, I am glad I got it working, too. SIP, XMPP is a new world for me. 

I started off with a GV setup and before I bought the Obi I read about issues with incoming GV calls if Google Chat was open, so I decided to use SIP for incoming calls and GV for outgoing. I also thought it could be fun to use a SIP app on an Android phone where GV would doing an incoming calling using SIP and I can talk without using cell phone minutes. 

Most articles talked about setting up with Sipgate and Sipsorcery, but Sipgate is out of phone numbers.  So, I found an article that uses IPKall and sip2sip and went that route.

Do you have preferred free providers?

RonR

I've been using Sip Sorcery for the past few years with Google Voice + Sipgate, IPComms, and IPKall, as well as a couple of PAYG VoIP providers.  When the OBi came along, it appeared to be the way to bring all this plus my landline (dry DSL but has free incoming calls) together under my own roof.