News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cell phone to speakerphone

Started by TulsaMJ, March 11, 2018, 08:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaMJ

I'm wondering if this rather unconventional idea is doable with my OBi1062. I've got CSipSimple set up on my cell phone to be able to connect to my OBi using its IP address. What I would like to be able to do is use CSipSimple to communicate with whoever is sitting next to the OBi using the OBi's speakerphone. Ideally it would be great to do this using the local connection - I considered connecting through my PBXes connection, but being able to remotely turn on a speakerphone inside my home over the Internet feels a little creepy; I don't want Joe Phone Hacker to figure out I have that set up and how to use it and then listen in on things happening in my house! Mainly the intention is for this to be used as an in-house intercom without having to actually make a phone call.

I'm thinking it's not going to be possible, but as many creative and knowledgeable people as hang out here, if there's a way to do it, I'll bet someone can come up with it!