News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 + Google Voice = every other few inbound calls are dial tone

Started by mikepanic, March 15, 2018, 12:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepanic

70% of the inbound calls on my GV number with Obi200 have no problems, over the last few days though it seems 30% of inbound calls result in a dial tone, and a few minutes later I'll get a voicemail notification that the inbound call was send to voicemail and the caller left one.

Very frustrating - anyone else dealing with this or have a solution?

bitstopjoe

If you are using Simon Telephonics, contact support. I was having the same problem ( more like 100% if incoming) with my OBi110. I opened a ticket with him and with in 5 min he fixed it. He said it was a server problem.

support@simonics.com and include your problem and number.
Hope this helps

Joe

mikepanic

Thanks Joe,

To the best of my knowledge I am not, never heard of them before - simply have my GV info entered into the OBiTalk info and configured on my end from the Google Voice website and it's been working for years (upgraded from 110 to 200 a year ago).

yazman

Same here Obi200.  Upgraded the firmware to the latest... problem still exists.  Started for us yesterday.

mikepanic

It's been a fun 3.5 years for me, but upgrading hardware once and this isn't the first connectivity issue for me, I'm starting to look at Nextiva VoIP as I use this for a business and need more reliability. 

yazman

I'm not an Obi guru, but I changed the values in te Obitalk configuration menu under physical interfaces phone 1.  Changed "onhooktipringvoltage" to 50 and "offhookcurrentmax" to 15 and now things seem to be working for me.  I don't know if the value of 50 will do any damage to the device, but at least it's working for now.

mikepanic

Could you share where in the menu system that is? Can't find it anywhere

yazman

in the Obi dasboard click on the gear wheel, where it say Obi extras.  A new screen will open and near the bottom there will be a selection for "Obi expert configuration".  Click on that then in the new page click on "enter Obi expert".  On the left of the new screen you'll see the option for "physical interphaces".  Click that then clck on "phone 1".  In the new screen you will find "port settings" and the area to change the values for the onhooktipringvoltage and offhookcurrentmax.  Just remember to hit submit at the bottom of the screen once you change the values.

mikepanic

Thanks a ton!

I can get into that screen but I can't change the values  ???

drgeoff

Quote from: mikepanic on March 16, 2018, 11:33:50 AM
Thanks a ton!

I can get into that screen but I can't change the values  ???
Click in the boxes at the right hand end of a line until they are both clear.  Then you can change that parameter.

i doubt that it will have any effect on your problem, but nothing lost by trying.

mikepanic

SteveInWA

You can't fix this yourself.  There is no point to experimenting with settings, and there is no point to having four different discussion threads on this.

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13680.msg87819#msg87819