News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help PhonePower keeps having dropped calls!

Started by Volta10, March 15, 2018, 08:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volta10

I use phonepower for my small business and I keep on getting problems with their service.  I have 3 Phonepower accounts on 3 different obihai devices in the same network.  I would get a lot of dropped calls, poor audio, and only one party can hear.  I made multiple phone calls to tech support to troubleshoot with no luck .  They told me to switch my router to a Netgear WNR3500L, Disable SIP ALG, they said my obihai devices didn't register to their network so I had to open a bunch of port ranges. 
Finally I did some research in this forum and someone mentioned changing X_UserAgentPort to a different number for each obihai device that's in the same network.  So I put X_UserAgentPort 44160,44260,44360 for the 3 obihai devices.  My issues have decreased significantly but not 100%.  I still experience very few and random dropped calls that seem to happen when someone calling in from a landline. 
How do I eliminate dropped calls 100%?  I have verizon fios 75/75 and all 3 obihai devices each connect directly to the router LAN port. 
I'm not sure this is caused by having multiple obihai devices in the same network?  If so I'm willing switch out to a OBi508vs if someone can confirm this would help me eliminate my problems.  Is Phonepower notorious for dropped calls/poor service?

jentzd

Having a similar issue with phone power. Currently have 5 lines with them.

One big improvement we found for call quality w/ phone power specifically was getting a second ISP, one with low jitter/ping times, used ONLY for phonepower. This runs about $60/month, but worth it for us.

The issues seem to have become much worse once phonepower lost Approved Service Provider (ASP) status on OBI. That seemed to work pretty well for us.

Anyhow, will look closely at your settings. Will report any findings.

jentzd

Hello,

Don't think the useragent port helped us any.

Dropped calls did not go down as a percentage. If anything we started seeing 503 service unavailable errors. Will be using the default.