News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to port to GV--suggestion?

Started by MrNetwork, August 20, 2011, 05:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrNetwork

Apparently I'm in an area where I cannot yet port my number to GV (928-774-XXXX). (I also tried my original T-Mobile number 928-266-XXXX) I managed to get my home phone ported to T-Mobile, but I cannot port out to GV.

Suggestions needed on what to do now. Port T-Mobile number to another service provider and add to my Obi110? If at some point GV will able to port my number, will I have trouble getting the new service provider to release my number? I am little worried about a VOIP provider either not releasing my number in the future or the provider going out of business in which case my number would be gone.  If this is the way, can I have some suggestions on who to choose.

Or should I just add minutes to the T-Mobile prepaid account and wait it out?

We rarely use our LL but I want to keep the number.

BTW, if I were to get a second service provider in addition to GV, how do you designate which number to use when calling out?

RonR

Quote from: MrNetwork on August 20, 2011, 05:11:18 PM
BTW, if I were to get a second service provider in addition to GV, how do you designate which number to use when calling out?

I can't offer any advice on number porting, but I can answer this one.

Outbound calls are by default made through the default trunk specified at:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine

To use an alternate trunk, you prefix the number with a trunk specifier:

**1 + number  ->  SP1 Service
**2 + number  ->  SP2 Service
**8 + number  ->  LINE Port
**9 + number  ->  OBiTALK Service