News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie Question - Connecting to handsets

Started by MSK04, March 21, 2018, 08:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSK04

Hi everyone - just set up my Obi200 after porting a number to Google Voice.  Obi200 is connected to a set of handsets set around the house.  I can call out from any handset (all handsets have a dial tone) but when I call the number from another number, none of the handsets (including the base station which is directly connected into the Obi200 device) do not ring.  Not sure how to enable this - appreciate any pointers for the newbie.

thx.

drgeoff

The two most likely reasons:

1.  You did not select Google Chat as one of the forwarding destinations on your GV account settings page at google.com/voice.  (Your OBi acts as a Chat client.)

2.  There is currently a problem with incoming GV calls to some OBi devices.  There are several posts and threads about that on these forums. See eg http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13680.0.  That thread has posts by SteveInWA and one contains a link to a thread on the Google forum which has more advice.