News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 1062 not saving caller ID name

Started by Amill411, March 21, 2018, 07:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amill411

I'm using extensions to reach other Obi phones in our network however the only way I can figure out to get the name of the person to show who is calling is by adding it to the "caller ID name" under voice services.

I've tried it on the phone and the settings stays for about 1 minute then the phone resets and deletes it out. I've also tried connecting to the IP address of the phone and adding it in there but as soon as you apply it and reboot the device it clears the field.

What's going on here? Am I missing something? Help would be appreciated.

drgeoff

You are missing that there are two ways to configure settings on OBi ATAs and IP phones.  One is using the onboard web server UI.  The other is by using the Obitalk portal.  OBis default to the latter.  Any changes you make locally will be overridden by settings downloaded from the portal immediately following a reboot.

This is why there is a sticky post: "Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both"

Use either only Expert mode on the portal or only the local UI after going into it and disabling "Obitalk Provisioning".

Amill411

Quote from: drgeoff on March 21, 2018, 08:16:02 AM
You are missing that there are two ways to configure settings on OBi ATAs and IP phones.  One is using the onboard web server UI.  The other is by using the Obitalk portal.  OBis default to the latter.  Any changes you make locally will be overridden by settings downloaded from the portal immediately following a reboot.

This is why there is a sticky post: "Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both"

Use either only Expert mode on the portal or only the local UI after going into it and disabling "Obitalk Provisioning".

Thank you!!! I've used the expert mode on the portal and now everything is working great. Thanks again for your help!