News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 1062 rings a few times and then goes silent

Started by HGPilot, March 26, 2018, 10:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HGPilot

This just started a few days ago. After the third ring or so I get silence. Anyone know what I can do to resolve this? I rebooted and no success. Running software 5.08 build 4643.1311.

Thanks.

tvBilly

Don't know if this is relevant to your problem or not, but my 1062 has firmware 5.1.10 4808EX.1311

Maybe see if updating your firmware makes a difference?

HGPilot

How did you get this firmware? When I hit update nothing new comes up and according to this I'm on the latest firmware:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

I did download a more recent version (not sure where I found it) but my cell phone wouldn't connect via bluetooth so I had to downgrade again.

HGPilot

Thanks. How you do get a list of all the firmwares? fw.obihai.com takes me to a link with a older version.

SteveInWA

You're asking one of the oldest questions about an annoying shortcoming of Obihai:  they have not had an employee paid to document and publish the firmware release information on the forum for years.  At one time, there was a person doing it, who left.  Since then, there has been essentially no firmware information released to the general public.  WelshPaul has been doing a great job using other sources (not sure what, but probably links to some documents provided to telephone service providers), to post links and updates, but he posted this week that he's likely to stop doing it.

So, various forum members post the links when they find them, and that's about it.  Perhaps things will improve (or not) down the road, if the product development and product management merges in with the Plantronics/Polycom existing processes.

HGPilot

Makes no sense to spend all the time and money updating the firmware and then not spend 5 minutes putting it on a forum page or website for everyone to see  ???

On that note I should say thanks Steve as I think you have commented and helped on just about every post I have put out here.

Steve, is this version of the firmware that you posted the best one around in your opinion?

SteveInWA

Describing a firmware release as the "best" would be meaningless.  Each firmware release fixes bugs in previous releases, and/or adds some new settings or features.  Sometimes, a new bug is introduced and missed during testing.  All we can say is:  the version link I posted is the latest I know of, as of today, and it could be supplanted by some other version at any time, and, it is working reliably so far.

Since Obihai doesn't consistently provide release notes, we have no way to know what changes.  Since the firmware is rather mature, most changes happening these days are fixes to obscure bugs discovered by a service provider partner, or a setting added to support one or more service providers.

If you keep your firmware up-to-date, AND you keep copies of the previous firmware .fw files, then, even if a version update breaks something, you can typically go back to the last known-good .fw.