News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi508 set up with FreePBX Endpoint Manager not proper

Started by aMallicoatAuto, March 27, 2018, 07:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMallicoatAuto

I just installed a FreePBX server and I purchased the End Point Manager. My Obi phones are functioning and took the auto provision correctly. The obi508 takes the provision but does not ring in or out. One service contract costs $800 with Sagnoma and I have no other referrals for tech support. I contacted Obiohai but that can take ages to get anything fixed.

Any ideas or referrals for support?

drgeoff

All the parameters are available for examination by pointing a browser at the IP address of the 508 and logging in to the UI. admin for both username and default password.

Documentation - http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi508AdminGuide.pdf

azrobert

What are you trying to accomplish with FreePBX? Do you just have the OBi devices defined as extensions or do you also have a service provider defined?

When you sign into the OBi508 with its IP address, the system status page will be displayed. Scroll down to the SP trunks. Are they registered to FreePBX?

If you can't get this fixed here, you can try the DSLReports VOIP forum.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip

aMallicoatAuto

Thanks guys.

For one, I can't log in after it auto provisions. (this is more of an issue with FreePBX as I use either password provided and the extension for the username or root or admin doesn't work. so I'll figure this out now) At least I know it auto provisions because the user and password changes.

Also, I was ridiculed for using google voice at my business. I loved the service and features. But occasionally they drop calls for weeks at a time. But when it works its great! and I would love to pay for the service and have it payed more attention to by google but that's just not the reality.

So all my Obi's are working great with the network and new server configured... BUT! I have an automotive shop and its LOUD. So we have an old fashioned bell ringer that the 508 drives. We need to get this working soon so we're not missing calls.

I guess I could do the settings myself with your link, hmm. Ill try that real quick

aMallicoatAuto

I figured out how to log in. (its in EPM global settings)

I can not thought get this 508 to auto-provision again. I've tried everything and I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

aMallicoatAuto

I had to shut down and restart the server.

I am now auto provisioned and can log in. It looks like the IP addresses and ports have taken correctly, but it doesn't ring incoming calls.

azrobert

You haven't explained the function of FreePBX with your setup. Anyway, you can call the ringer from any phone connected to the OBi508. This will eliminate or identify a routing problem. Just dial #x from any attached phone, where x is the port number the ringer is attached. If the ringer is attached to Phone Port 4, you would dial #4

Does the ringer ring?

aMallicoatAuto

The function of the obi508 is as follows from the previous post. I also run cheap cordless phones with it.

"I have an automotive shop and its LOUD. So we have an old fashioned bell ringer that the 508 drives. We need to get this working soon so we're not missing calls."

#x does not ring the bell. it just gets the sound you would dialing the wrong number or something.