News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Program OBi to Dial Only One Number

Started by bsdaiwa, March 31, 2018, 12:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

I have a situation where I would like to install a phone that has no ability for anyone to dial a number other than one specific number. I have found wall phones that come without a dial or dial pad so my plan was to use one of those. I would like the user to be able to lift the receiver and that would trigger the dialing sequence to only one specific number. I was thinking of using an OBi 100 but I don't know if I can program it to react to the phone being off hook and then only dialing one specific number. I would also like to program the OBi so that it could not dial any other number, in the event someone figured out how to hack the wall phone.

Can I do what I want using the OBi 100 and can anyone tell me how?

Thanks in advance to any and all who can help.

drgeoff

Yes, very easy.

Modify the Phone Port's Digit map to
(<S4:1234567890>)

Change 1234567890 to the real number you want to call. Change the first 4 to the time in seconds you want as a delay between taking the phone off-hook and the dialling starting.  Can be 0 if you want immediate.

azrobert

You can use a standard phone with that config. Anything dialed will be rejected. Use S0 and the caller won't have time to dial anything.

bsdaiwa

Thanks drgeoff and azrobert, have an old phone I can use and saves me buying a new one.