News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 with GV No numeric caller id on incoming calls.

Started by thorkes, April 02, 2018, 12:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorkes

I have a problem with numeric caller id not showing up on incoming calls on OBi200 with GV , it is hooked up to a corded phone with built in caller id, the incoming numeric caller id was working fine with the same phone setup untill about a couple of years ago . the OBi200 firmware is up to date , any help would be highly appreciated.

SteveInWA

Hi:

Do this:  open a laptop/desktop computer's web browser, not a phone or tablet, and go here:

https://voice.google.com/settings

At the top, you should see "Google Voice number", with your GV phone number displayed next to it.  If you don't, then either you are logged into the wrong Google account, or your Google account doesn't have an inbound GV phone number.  Without an inbound number, there is no number to send as caller ID.

If you do see your GV phone number, then press Ctrl-T to open a new browser tab, and sign into the OBiTALK dashboard.  Click on your OBi device, then click on the Service Provider (SPx) on which you set up Google Voice.  Get past the 911 warning.  On the window that pops up, click the link next to "Replace Google account credentials", and follow the instructions.  Look closely at the Gmail address that the OBiTALK portal pops up, and confirm that it is the same Gmail address that holds your GV number, as shown in your other open browser tab.  Complete the procedure and wait for your OBi to reboot.

Try calling someone and see what happens.

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 02, 2018, 02:08:27 PM
Hi:

Do this:  open a laptop/desktop computer's web browser, not a phone or tablet, and go here:

At the top, you should see "Google Voice number", with your GV phone number displayed next to it.  If you don't, then either you are logged into the wrong Google account, or your Google account doesn't have an inbound GV phone number.  Without an inbound number, there is no number to send as caller ID.

If you do see your GV phone number, then press Ctrl-T to open a new browser tab, and sign into the OBiTALK dashboard.  Click on your OBi device, then click on the Service Provider (SPx) on which you set up Google Voice.  Get past the 911 warning.  On the window that pops up, click the link next to "Replace Google account credentials", and follow the instructions.  Look closely at the Gmail address that the OBiTALK portal pops up, and confirm that it is the same Gmail address that holds your GV number, as shown in your other open browser tab.  Complete the procedure and wait for your OBi to reboot.

@SteveInWa
The OP's problem is that he is not seeing the numbers of callers to him.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on April 02, 2018, 02:12:42 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on April 02, 2018, 02:08:27 PM
Hi:

@SteveInWa
The OP's problem is that he is not seeing the numbers of callers to him.

I realize that.  I want the OP to refresh his/her Google Voice configuration, to either implicate or eliminate a possible configuration error.  There is no setting or method to have Google Voice forward calls with no CID, so I'm looking for account-related issues.

drgeoff

As thorkes made no mention of any other Service Providers except GV, i assume there are none.  Therefore 3 possibilities:

1.  The OBi200 is not receiving or processing the CallerID from GV.

2.  The OBi200 is not sending (correctly) the CallerID to the phone.

3.  The phone is not decoding and displaying the CallerID info from the OBi200.

For 1.  Dial ***1 and the IP address of the OBi200 will be spoken.  Put that in the URL field of a browser and login with credentials both admin unless you changed the password.  On the left side click on Status, then on Call History.  If you see the phone numbers of your incoming callers proceed to the next step.  If not stop and report back.

For 2.  Still using the browser, at the left side click on Physical Interfaces then on Phone1 Port.  In the Port Settings section check that CallerIDMethod is FSK(Bell202) and CallerID Trigger is After First Ring.  If not stop and report back.

For 3.  As may be evident from the preceding paragraph there are different CallerID protocols in use around the world.  Some phones have a menu to select the appropriate one. Does yours?  If yes, is it set to the above - might simply be "USA" or "N. America".

If you reached here and not working you either have a faulty OBi202 or a faulty phone.  The only practical ways to determine which is to try another phone or try the phone on another line eg a landline with CallerID.  

thorkes

Hello ,
Thanks for all the replies , i followed the instructions on both replies and the settings on my device seems to correspond to what you guys recommended, still no incoming caller id , my existing corded phone does not have  CallerID protocols settings adjustment ,i just have to check the caller id feature with another phone when i get a new one.
Thanks again for the prompt replies.     

SteveInWA

If you haven't made any expert-mode configuration changes, then I would not be surprised if your telephone is causing the problem.

thorkes

Everything on my OBi200 is set to OBiTALK settings.
Thanks again.

drgeoff

If you have not already tried it, completely unpowering the phone for 30 seconds is worth a try.  Unplug from OBi, unplug from AC supply and remove all batteries as applicable.

thorkes

I tried another phone with caller id and it works fine reading incoming caller id , so the problem is with my phone.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for all the help.

jacob3534

Quote from: drgeoff on April 02, 2018, 02:27:29 PM
As thorkes made no mention of any other Service Providers except GV, i assume there are none.  Therefore 3 possibilities:

For 1.  Dial ***1 and the IP address of the OBi200 will be spoken.  Put that in the URL field of a browser and login with credentials both admin unless you changed the password.  On the left side click on Status, then on Call History.  If you see the phone numbers of your incoming callers proceed to the next step.  If not stop and report back.

For 2.  Still using the browser, at the left side click on Physical Interfaces then on Phone1 Port.  In the Port Settings section check that CallerIDMethod is FSK(Bell202) and CallerID Trigger is After First Ring.  If not stop and report back.

For 3.  As may be evident from the preceding paragraph there are different CallerID protocols in use around the world.  Some phones have a menu to select the appropriate one. Does yours?  If yes, is it set to the above - might simply be "USA" or "N. America".

If you reached here and not working you either have a faulty OBi202 or a faulty phone.  The only practical ways to determine which is to try another phone or try the phone on another line eg a landline with CallerID.  

i am Stuck at No 1, the caller id gives me my own number, and when i go to call history, i see my own number and not th real one, example, when i call from my cell to home, ill see on ID my home number, and in the history i will also see my home number, am i clear enough?

drgeoff

Quote from: jacob3534 on November 03, 2018, 07:49:15 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on April 02, 2018, 02:27:29 PM

i am Stuck at No 1, the caller id gives me my own number, and when i go to call history, i see my own number and not th real one, example, when i call from my cell to home, ill see on ID my home number, and in the history i will also see my home number, am i clear enough?
You have not explicitly said that you are using GV but as you have tagged on to a thread with GV in the title I assume you are.

There is a setting in GV to choose between the caller's number and your own number to be sent from GV as the CallerID.

Log in to voice.google.com.  In the top left hand corner click on the three stacked horizontal lines.  Towards bottom left, click on 'Legacy Google Voice'.  In the top right corner click on the gearwheel and in the drop down box click on Settings.  Click the 'Calls' tab.  Against 'Caller ID (incoming)' ensure that 'Display caller's number' is selected.

jacob3534

you are correct, I am using GV, and it worked!, i really appreciate your help. thanks a million.

casolaro

My issue is that only my wife's cell number won't show on the caller ID AND the GV landline does not ring. It will go to VM after 6 rings or so. Everything else works fine. Her number is not blocked because it shows on my cell and I checked her setting, in addition she still uses a flip phone (I know). When I go to the polycom IP address site and review call history, the calls from her cell register as "PH1" ringing. If I change my GV legacy setting to show my GV number when receiving calls and call from her phone, it will ring and show my GV number. Any suggestions? Thank you.

SteveInWA

Quote from: casolaro on November 22, 2018, 06:43:54 AM
My issue is that only my wife's cell number won't show on the caller ID AND the GV landline does not ring. It will go to VM after 6 rings or so. Everything else works fine. Her number is not blocked because it shows on my cell and I checked her setting, in addition she still uses a flip phone (I know). When I go to the polycom IP address site and review call history, the calls from her cell register as "PH1" ringing. If I change my GV legacy setting to show my GV number when receiving calls and call from her phone, it will ring and show my GV number. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Well, her number is somehow blocked.  You proved it by changing the caller ID setting.  Perhaps the telephone you have plugged into the OBi has its own block list?  Try a different telephone.

casolaro

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 22, 2018, 12:25:30 PM

Well, her number is somehow blocked.  You proved it by changing the caller ID setting.  Perhaps the telephone you have plugged into the OBi has its own block list?  Try a different telephone.

I wired the GV for the entire house, none of the phones ring or show CID when calling from her phone. Telmarket phones ring loud and clear of course. I even tried unticking the spam filter in GV and it still didn't work. Quite aggravating, one of technologies petty tortures I guess. Cheers.

casolaro

Quote from: casolaro on November 22, 2018, 01:07:27 PM

I wired the GV for the entire house, none of the phones ring or show CID when calling from her phone. Telmarket phones ring loud and clear of course. I even tried unticking the spam filter in GV and it still didn't work. Quite aggravating, one of technologies petty tortures I guess. Cheers.

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!!  In the setup wizard of the polycom IP Address URL, under voice services, SP1, scroll down to calling features and for some reason known only to the tech aggravation gods, there is a setting called "X_BlockedCallers" her number was in the value field.

SteveInWA

Quote from: casolaro on November 22, 2018, 01:45:30 PM

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!!  In the setup wizard of the polycom IP Address URL, under voice services, SP1, scroll down to calling features and for some reason known only to the tech aggravation gods, there is a setting called "X_BlockedCallers" her number was in the value field.

I saw your reply to our discussion on the Google Voice help forum...  Great job!  Reminder:  any changes you make on that local device web page will be overwritten by the OBiTALK system.  So, make changes on your OBiTALK portal in Expert Mode, vs. changing things on the local web page.   While you're there, you might as well check the "Default" box.

casolaro

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 22, 2018, 02:02:21 PM
Quote from: casolaro on November 22, 2018, 01:45:30 PM

I saw your reply to our discussion on the Google Voice help forum...  Great job!  Reminder:  any changes you make on that local device web page will be overwritten by the OBiTALK system.  So, make changes on your OBiTALK portal in Expert Mode, vs. changing things on the local web page.   While you're there, you might as well check the "Default" box.

Is Expert Mode the same as doing it through the IP Address URL page?

drgeoff

Quote from: casolaro on November 22, 2018, 02:16:09 PM
Is Expert Mode the same as doing it through the IP Address URL page?
No.

Log in to your Dashboard at obitalk.com.  Click on the gearwheel containing a red E at the end of the line for your Obi200.  If you see only a single gearwheel without that red E, click on the 'Edit Profile' link, scroll to the bottom and tick the box for "Enable OBi Expert Entry from Dashboard".