News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

When making an outgoing call, OBi202 will ring once, then nothing

Started by LolaB, April 06, 2018, 09:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LolaB

Hi! Starting yesterday, I noticed that when I make an outgoing call, using my OBi202, I hear one ring, then nothing. When I call my cell phone, it rings once (on my end), yet the call continues to my cell and I can answer the call with no issues and the sound quality is fine. I have made no recent changes to Google Voice or OBitalk.com??? 

Also, on a side note, is there a way to reboot/restart the OBi202?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

drgeoff

Quote from: LolaB on April 06, 2018, 09:18:48 AM
Hi! Starting yesterday, I noticed that when I make an outgoing call, using my OBi202, I hear one ring, then nothing. When I call my cell phone, it rings once (on my end), yet the call continues to my cell and I can answer the call with no issues and the sound quality is fine. I have made no recent changes to Google Voice or OBitalk.com??? 

See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13738.0 and the post therein by SteveInWA

All OBis restart/reboot immediately the power input is reapplied after a break.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on April 06, 2018, 10:49:05 AM
Quote from: LolaB on April 06, 2018, 09:18:48 AM
Hi! Starting yesterday, I noticed that when I make an outgoing call, using my OBi202, I hear one ring, then nothing. When I call my cell phone, it rings once (on my end), yet the call continues to my cell and I can answer the call with no issues and the sound quality is fine. I have made no recent changes to Google Voice or OBitalk.com.  ???  

See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13738.0 and the post therein by SteveInWA

All OBis restart/reboot immediately the power input is reapplied after a break.

Here is an update to the post that Geoff referenced.  Google believes that there may be two unrelated bugs with their Google<--->T-mobile calls:  The first bug is described in the referenced thread, which is that the caller (you) don't hear any ringback tones at all, but the call is actually being connected.  If you simply stay on the line for 30 seconds, your called party (or their voicemail system) may answer the call.  If that happens, the rest of the call has normal 2-way audio.  The other bug, which you appear to have, is hearing one ring.  I haven't experienced this second bug, so I don't know if it hangs up after the one ring, or if it's actually ringing the called party's phone per the first bug.  Try just waiting after that one ring, for 30 seconds, to see if the called party answers.  Of course, if it just hangs up on you, you're SOL until Google and T-Mobile figure out where the problem is.