News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

should my CPR Call Blocker v202 work with OBi200?

Started by pv08, April 14, 2018, 08:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pv08

Prior to converting to OBi/GoogleVoice/CallCentric last week, I was on Uverse, and my CPR Call Blocker v202 was working as expected.

Since converting, I am able make/receive calls without issue, and I can even see each caller's ID on my phone. However, my CPR Call Blocker has not been recording any of the incoming calls with the OBi device.

Has anyone been able to get any Call Blocker to work with OBi/GoogleVoice/CallCentric?

Thanks in advance.

drgeoff

Please do not post the same question in more than one place.

There is no fundamental reason why that Call Blocker would not function with an Obi200.  Have you tried the other pair of sockets on the Call Blocker?

What is the display on the Call Blocker showing:

1.  When the phone is on-hook.

2.  On an incoming call.

pv08

Thanks for the quick response! I deleted my reply in the other thread.

I ended up rearranging my phone/electrical cords/power strip prior to gathering the info you requested. Then, as I gathered each piece of info, I noticed the Call Blocker was now recording each incoming number! Not sure what fixed it, but I'm guessing it was power cycling the OBi and/or my phone. (The Call Blocker does not have it's own power source.

Thanks again!!! I'm so glad I can continue blocking the 254 numbers I currently have set on the Call Blocker!

GPz1100

Keep in mind, both google voice and callcentric offer spam filtering.  I'm not sure where CC gets it's database from but it's reduced our spam from multiple calls a day to a handful a month. I think using the cloud for this is purpose is better.  What happens when your cpr device dies..... along with all the stored entries.

Here's a pic of what it looks like.  Note these filters are evaluated from top to bottom.  Ignore the last 2 as they likely won't apply in your case.

With google voice, any call received can be marked as spam or blocked.  The first sends it to voicemail automatically without ringing, the 2nd will play the traditional number is out of service message.