News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric North America Basic question: Number parking

Started by lambo, July 23, 2019, 08:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lambo

I signed up for it for E911 primarily, but also for outbound calls if Google Voice hiccups.

So on the feature page, it says: "Our North America Basic Plan is perfect for:
Phone Number Park and Forward Configurations"

My understanding is that you can't park or port a number solely with a Callcentric outbound plan. Am I missing something? or just wet behind the ears?

https://www.callcentric.com/rate/plans/north_america_basic/

SteveInWA

You're right; that statement is too vague to understand what's involved.

If you want to park a phone number ("park" is defined as "I really don't plan to use this number, but I want to keep it active in case I need it again in the future"), then you'd port it to Callcentric and sign up for their pay-per-minute inbound calling option, at $1.95 per month.  This would at least enable inbound calling, which could, for example, be sent to their free/included voicemail.  If you wanted to occasionally call out on that number, or forward that number to some other number, then you could add the North America Basic plan.

lambo

Thanks, Steve, that is what I thought-that you had to purchase a number or a number plan in order to do a port. So far pretty happy with the Obi202/GV/Callcentric setup and just knocked about $45 off my Century-Stink bill.

SteveInWA

Great!  Heh heh CenturyStink.   When Seattle's carrier was known as Qwest, before CenturyLink bought it, we called it Qworst.