News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DTMF recognition problems using Obi202 and Google Voice voicemail

Started by Studly, April 18, 2018, 01:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studly

A few months ago, I changed my settings on my Obi202 so it works better with various automated menus (i.e., "push 4 to talk with a customer service rep") when calling places. I changed the DTMFMethod from Auto to InBand and checked the option for UseFixedDuration (which is set at 15). This works well for many outgoing calls when I have to deal with automated menus. But when I try to use the Obi-connected phone to go into Google Voice's voicemail, I can dial in, but GV doesn't recognize any of the commands that I choose when I push a button (such as "press * to go into the menu").

I've tried undoing the changes I mentioned above, but that still doesn't fix it, and I've tried other things I've found on this forum, such as changing RxGain and TxGain to 5, and they didn't make a difference.

Anyone have any other ideas on how I can change the settings and get it to work with GV's voicemail menu options as well as other automated menus?

SteveInWA

Did you check-mark the box on the OBiTALK Google Voice setup page, to use this number for a security alarm?  Doing so FUBARs DTMF.  It's not explained by Obihai, but if a user checks that box, the GV number can only be used on the panel, not for regular phone calls.

Studly

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is unchecked -- no alarm system.

SteveInWA

Not trying to be critical, but I looked at your posting history, and you've a) had lots of problems, and b) apparently made various tweaks to your configuration.  I suggest that this issue is self-inflicted somehow, since there is nothing inherent in Google Voice, nor the default OBiTALK Google Voice settings that would cause this.

Studly

Yup, could be something I changed previously. Was just wondering if there are any basic DTMF settings that I was overlooking that could be the culprit.