News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED - Get Auto Attendant to auto-select SP1 or SP2 based on inbound callerid

Started by JLJL, April 21, 2018, 10:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLJL

I need help figuring out how to direct the auto attendant to select SP1 or SP2 for outbound calls based on the caller id of the number I'm calling in on. So far I have found where I can specify Voice Services-> Auto Attendant->Primary Line. But that doesn't allow me the flexibility I am looking for. I figure I need to add something to Voice Services-> Auto Attendant->DigitMap or Voice Services-> Auto Attendant->OutboundCallRoute but I cannot find a way to specify the caller id value in order to pick a path for outbound.

The two scenarios I am trying to get working simultaneously.

Scenario 1
If I use my cell phone 704-111-1111 to call my OBI. AA picks up. I select option 2 to dial out. At this point I would have to dial **1 or **2 before the number I want to call in order to specify if I want to use SP1 or SP2. I want the AA to realize that if I am calling from 704-111-1111 and do not use the prefix ** but rather just dial the number 123-123-1234 that it should default to SP1 automatically.

Scenario 2
If I use my wifes cell phone 704-222-2222 to call my OBI. AA picks up. I select option 2 to dial out. At this point I would have to dial **1 or **2 before the number I want to call in order to specify if I want to use SP1 or SP2. I want the AA to realize that if I am calling from 704-222-2222 and do not use the prefix ** but rather just dial the number 123-123-1234 that it should default to SP2 automatically.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

azrobert

Will you always use SP1 and the wife always use SP2? Are you two the only people using the AA?

Are your providers GoogleVoice? GV passes 11 digits for CallerID and will accept 10 digits for an outbound number.

The following assumes your providers are GV. $1 contains the callerid and is prepended to a dialed 10 digit outbound number. The outbound route will strip the callerid and route the call to SP1 or SP2. The ***X prefix will not work. I did NOT test this.

AA DigitMap:
(0|<$1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)

AA OutboundCallRoute:
{0:ph},{(<17041111111:>xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{(<17042222222:>xxxxxxxxxx):sp2}

JLJL

Quote from: azrobert on April 21, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
Will you always use SP1 and the wife always use SP2? Are you two the only people using the AA?

Are your providers GoogleVoice? GV passes 11 digits for CallerID and will accept 10 digits for an outbound number.

The following assumes your providers are GV. $1 contains the callerid and is prepended to a dialed 10 digit outbound number. The outbound route will strip the callerid and route the call to SP1 or SP2. The ***X prefix will not work. I did NOT test this.

AA DigitMap:
(0|<$1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)

AA OutboundCallRoute:
{0:ph},{(<17041111111:>xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{(<17042222222:>xxxxxxxxxx):sp2}

azrobert,  Thank you so much! I applied what I learned from your response and have it tested and working perfectly. Such a cool solution to prepend the callerid that is then stripped out when routed. I would never have thought of that. I seriously appreciate your help!

I do want to answer your questions, provide some context, and document the values I applied in case it helps anyone who sees this thread in the future.

To give some background on why this was needed. Prior to this solution, when we hit the AA we both often forgot to prefix our outbound calls with **x. This meant that the AA would always dial out using the default SPx, meaning one of us was always using the 'wrong' outbound number and would confuse the people we were calling (we work in two entirely different and unrelated fields). I know that some people would suggest we pay more attention when dialing out and they might be right, but this solution prevents our forgetful selves from making the same mistake over and over.

1. In regards to me always using SP1 and wife SP2, not always but mostly. I'd like the ability for us to use **1 and **2 if one day by chance we have use each others line.

2. We are the only two people using the AA. I have the following configured to route our inbound calls to the AA and everyone else to PH which will ring the physical phone.
Voice Service>SP1 Service>X_InboundCallRoute: {(x.7041111111|x.7042222222):aa},{ph}
Voice Service>SP2 Service>X_InboundCallRoute: {(x.7041111111|x.7042222222):aa},{ph}

3. Yes, our providers are both GoogleVoice.

Solution: I kept the default values but added the bold parts based on your guidance.

Voice Services-> Auto Attendant->DigitMap
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|<$1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Voice Services-> Auto Attendant->OutboundCallRoute
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<17041111111:>xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{(<17042222222:>xxxxxxxxxx):sp2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Now, when either of us call the OBI we get the AA. From there we can dial a 10 digit number with our calls going out using SP1 for me and SP2 for my wife. If needed we can still use **1 or **2 to manually select the SPx.

Thanks again azrobert!!