News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

connecting 2 OBIs

Started by bill-cary, April 22, 2018, 05:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill-cary

I have 4 GV#s, an OBI200 and an OBI100
the OBI100 only has 1 handset, the OBI200 has 6 handsets around the house.
all 4 #s are configured on the 200. I have 1 # on the 100 configured to enable calling out

this is what I am trying to accomplish.
When any # is active on the 200 and another is ringing, I want it to go to the 100.

I have set all digimaps to the same thing
(*xx|[2-8]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1919>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|)

I have set all all inbound call routes to {ph},{pp(OBI100###)}  == (the text is the 9 digit OBI#s)
OBI200 OBITALK service inbound call route is
{(OBIhome##|OBI100###)>(xx.):SP4},{(OBIhome##|OBI100###):aa},{ph} == (the text is the 9 digit #s)
Seems like there is something wrong with that - it was set up for something different.

what do i need to do?

azrobert

{ph},{pp(OBI100###)}

Inbound routes do not act as a hunt group. The {ph} is an unconditional rule, so all calls will be routed to the phone port. The inbound route processing stops at that point and the 2nd rule will never be executed. You need to setup forwarding on busy for all the trunks. This is found under the SPx Service settings.

CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: pp(OBi100###)

Make sure the OBi100 OBiTalk inbound route will not block the call.

Edit:
You have to disable Call Waiting, otherwise the OBi won't detect busy.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port->
CallWaitingEnable: unchecked

GPz1100

Robert, your solution above makes use of obitalk, correct?

Does the call in essence then get forwarded to obi's server, then returns back to the other obi device?  Is there a more direct way directly on the obi?

I have something similar like this implemented at callcentric. The concept is as follows.

1) Call treatment forwards to an IVR
2) IVR has a timeout of 0 with a last route set up as a hunting group.  
3) Forwards to each extension for 30 seconds
4) If primary extension is offhook or in the process of dialing then call is immediately sent to secondary extension
5) If primary extension is in a call then call waiting kicks in for 30 seconds.  If it's not answered then it goes to secondary extension
6) Call waiting in #5 can be disabled on the obi which would force the call to transfer to secondary extension immediately

azrobert

Quote from: GPz1100 on April 22, 2018, 08:39:58 PM
Robert, your solution above makes use of obitalk, correct?
Does the call in essence then get forwarded to obi's server, then returns back to the other obi device?  Is there a more direct way directly on the obi?

The initial setup will go to the OBiTalk servers, but after that the call will be sent over your local network. ianobi did traces to determine this and I trust him to be accurate. Obviously both devices would have to be on the same local network.

You could define a dummy SIP trunk on both devices then route the call directly over the local network to the IP address of the other box. The OP is using all 4 SP trunks for GV, so he can't do this.

GPz1100

I wonder if a cleaner and more elegant solution would be to use callcentric.   IIrc, gv allows using the same forwarding number for 2 gv accounts by setting the forwarding number as a home on one and work on the other.  Callcentric permits up to 2 free DID's on a single account.  So 2 gv accounts would forward to 1 DID, while the other 2 forward to the 2nd DID.

A single call treatment would be needed to funnel both to the IVR to handle the call hunting.

A drawback of the whole ivr method is loss of missed call emails and no voice mail transcription. Voicemail would be through callcentric directly (which does send out an email alert along with the voicemail clip as an attachment). The OP would gain CNAM caller id though and e911 service (if paid for).

bill-cary

@azrobert
THANKS
It seems to work except for one issue - the auto attendant answers the OBI100 and requires entering a 1 to continue. How do I stop that?
Everything in auto attendant is set default except for UsePIN = unchecked and PIN1 = blank.
inbound call route for the 100 is
{(OBIhome##|OBI200###)>(xx.):SP1},{(OBIhome##|OBI200###):aa},{ph}

azrobert

OBi100 OBiTalk inbound call route: ph 

bill-cary

thanks
that just did not look right to me, but I had no clue what it was trying to do.

HOWEVER, Now it rings on OBI200 and goes to attendant. when I enter 1 it rings on obi100.

If I change this
{ph,pp(obOBI100###)}
to just ph it doesn't go to AA
but wasn't that just suppose to make it ring on both 200 and 100?
I think it only rang on the 200 anyway. but it isn't important that it rings on both.

Still must test the busy forward function.
looks like that works now also with a mod on the 100

Thanks @azrobert