News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Audio When Calling Home From Google Voice Linked Numbers

Started by PezHead, April 25, 2018, 07:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PezHead

I have my home phone connected to my Obi202 which is setup with my Google Voice account.

When I call my Google Voice number from a Google Voice linked phone (i.e. my cell phone), my home phone rings and answers the call, but no audio can be heard on either the home (Obi202 connected) phone or the Google Voice linked phone (cell) after the call is connected.

The home (Obi202 connected) phone does successfully make and receive calls from any other number. Only calls from Google Voice linked phone numbers fail to transmit audio after the call is connected.

Please advise.

SteveInWA

Google found the issue and has implemented a fix.  Please feel free to test it, and report any continued failures with this specific scenario, to the thread on the Google Voice help forum.

GPz1100

Success here too!  Thanks

Did they disclose any details about what caused the issue?

SteveInWA

Quote from: GPz1100 on April 26, 2018, 08:07:15 PM
Success here too!  Thanks

Did they disclose any details about what caused the issue?

No, sorry; they treat the technical details as confidential.

PezHead

Unfortunately my original problem still stands. I am unable to hear audio on either side when calling from my linked number in Google Voice (T-mobile cell) to my Google Voice Number after answering on my home phone (connected to an OBi202).

All other calls work appropriately.