News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[SOLVED] GV gets dialtone & can call, but doesn't receive...

Started by JeffDB, April 26, 2018, 09:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffDB

I got an Obihai 1026 yesterday & registered it with Obitalk & was quite pleased that it seemed to register my Google Voice account quickly & easily. I got a dialtone & called a couple of numbers & it seemed to work well.

But when I receive calls on that number it rings my landline & cell phone but not my new IP phone.

Did I do something wrong? How can I fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

drgeoff

The most likely cause is that you did not enable Google Chat as one of the forwarding destinations in the Legacy settings under google.com/voice.

For future reference, getting dial tone has little significance.  An Obi should always generate that, even when not configured, even without an ethernet cable or Wi-Fi adapter plugged in.

JeffDB

Thank you so much!

It seems to be working like a charm now.

I didn't see it right away in my settings, but a Youtube video showed me the way, even though it might be a little dated.

https://youtu.be/BDmJqXSzlOE

RaleighGuy

Sorry to reopen this thread. I have had everything working fine for over a year but I stopped getting incoming calls a week ago. Can make outgoing calls, Anveo reports that my OBIHAI is connected (their service would send me emails when it couldn't make contact with the box), but it doesn't look like incoming calls are being forwarded from google voice to the box.

When I go to Google Voice, legacy settings, I don't see the option to allow forwarding to google chat (see attached screenshot). Any idea what I am doing wrong?

SteveInWA

Quote from: RaleighGuy on May 13, 2018, 06:34:25 PM
Sorry to reopen this thread. I have had everything working fine for over a year but I stopped getting incoming calls a week ago. Can make outgoing calls, Anveo reports that my OBIHAI is connected (their service would send me emails when it couldn't make contact with the box), but it doesn't look like incoming calls are being forwarded from google voice to the box.

When I go to Google Voice, legacy settings, I don't see the option to allow forwarding to google chat (see attached screenshot). Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I'm unclear why you reference Anveo, if this is a Google Voice problem.  They are completely unrelated, unless you are forwarding your Google Voice inbound calls to an Anveo telephone number?

Please be more detailed and specific in your reply.