News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forwarding Help

Started by Graham, May 01, 2018, 08:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Hi,

I'm new to this, but have setup 3 sp's on my Obi200:
- Freephoneline (Canada): SP1
- Google Voice: SP2
- Sipgate Basic (UK number): SP3

What I'd like to do is ultimately forward all unanswered/unavailable calls to my Canadian cell number. So in other words, if it rings out, or the line is busy, or whatever, I'd like it to forward to my cell phone. I gather that would need to happen before any of the lines would pick up on voicemail.

I believe that is possible, but perhaps not for Google voice. Can anyone confirm?

The additional requirement is that I'd like to make sure that all forward is done either via SP1 or SP2. (That's on the assumption that the Obi uses one of the SP's to actually forward?) The reason being that my UK number is only being used for incoming calls and therefore I don't want to rack up any bills by forwarding using that number, but rather via freephoneline or GV as they're free. The obvious choice would be freephoneline.

If it is possible for some, or all, of the lines, I'm hoping someone can talk me through how to do it. I have had a look around, but am not entirely clear yet. To confirm, I'm not using the obitalk portal, but rather logging into the device via the IP address. GV was set up via the portal initially, but then I switched to logging in directly.

Hopefully what I'm asking is possible, and makes sense. Like I said, I'm very new to this, so am just learning.

Graham.

drgeoff

Have you read the OBi Device Admin Guide available at http://www.obihai.com/docs-downloads ?

There are many options.  The simplest is to have calls coming in on each SP ring the OBi's phone and your cellphone simultaneously.  You can answer on either.

Under the respective Voice Service find the X_InboundCallRoute.  The default is ph. Change that to {ph,spx(1234567890)} where the x is the SP you want to use for the call to the cellphone and 1234567890 is the cellphone number.  Note the following:

1.  You don't really need to do this for the GV slot as GV is itself capable of ringing 6 destinations in parallel.

2.  Your cellphone will not display the number of your caller.  It will show your phone number of the SP you are using.

3.  This will not stop incoming GV calls going to GV voicemail if unanswered within the usual about 25 seconds approximately.

Graham

Thanks for all the info.

I'll also take a read into the guide regarding this too.

I'd probably rather do the forwarding only when busy/unavailable, but I'll explore the simultaneous option too.

Graham.

azrobert

Quote from: drgeoff on May 01, 2018, 09:03:56 AM

1.  You don't really need to do this for the GV slot as GV is itself capable of ringing 6 destinations in parallel.

FPL has a Follow Me feature. When your provider does the forwarding, you will see the correct CallerID.

https://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en-us/articles/212430386-About-Call-Forwarding-Follow-Me-

drgeoff

Quote from: Graham on May 01, 2018, 12:04:11 PM
Thanks for all the info.

I'll also take a read into the guide regarding this too.

I'd probably rather do the forwarding only when busy/unavailable, but I'll explore the simultaneous option too.

Graham.
Log in on the local interface and go to the desired Voice Service.  Scroll down to the Calling Features section where you will find 5 fields: CallForwardOnBusyEnable, CallForwardOnBusyNumber, CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable, CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber, CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount.

Graham

Thanks everyone!

I'll test this all out when I get a chance.