News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SipBri: How to make GV calls from any ATA

Started by Everton, August 23, 2011, 06:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everton

Per this Thread over at dslreports:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26226934-General-SipBri-How-to-make-GV-calls-from-any-ATA~start=20#end

you can setup GV on a regular ATA (such as the PAP2T-NA) and make outgoing Google Voice calls and receive incoming GV calls from the phone attached to the ATA.  I have not tried this as of yet, but others have claim it works.

Assuming that it works, can I setup Line 1 and Line 2 of a spare PAP2T-NA with two additional GV numbers (GV2, GV3) and in essence extend the SIP ports of the OBi110 (SP3 and SP4)?  Essentially, I would like to use these (SP3, SP4) as the "Voice Gateway" for placing outgoing calls from two Andoid phones (Android2 and Android3) running OBiON App.  Currently, when I use the OBiON App for outgoing calls, the GV1 number assigned to SP1 (Home Number) is showed as the number the call is originating from.  I would prefer to have GV2 for the Android2 and GV3 for Android3 shows as the CallerID, depending on which Android Device the calls originated from (Using RonR's "Single-Stage-Dialing" procedure).  

Could this be done using a modify version of what RonR did here using the PAP2:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1380.0

Quote from: RonR on August 22, 2011, 08:23:45 PM
At least one Voice Service (SP1/SP2) must be configured for SIP.  It need not be registered with a SIP provider.  If you're not using a SIP provider, you must still set ProxyServer (127.0.0.1 is fine) and you should disable X_RegisterEnable.

For PAP2 -> OBi, the PAP2 is set to not register and to make and receive calls without registration.  The UserID is unimportant (I used pap2) and the Password is not used.  The proxy server must be set to the OBi's IP address and port.  The port number must be set to 5060 for SP1 or 5061 for SP2.

For OBi -> PAP2, I use Voice Gateway5:

Name: PAP2
AccessNumber : SP2(192.168.1.145:5062)

SP2 is the Voice Service I have configured for SIP.  The PAP2 is at 192.168.1.145 on port 5062.

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> InboundCallRoute is set to:

{pap2>([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{pap2>911:li},{pap2>**0:aa},{pap2>***:aa2},{pap2>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{pap2>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{pap2>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{pap2>(Msp1):sp1},
{pap2>0:ph},{pap2:},{ph,vg5(pap2)}

This allows most of the PHONE Port dialing features to be mimicked from the PAP2.

All other InboundCallRoutes are set to: {ph,vg5(pap2)}

This causes both the PHONE Port and the PAP2 to ring on incoming calls.

RonR

Everton,

The post you quoted is for using an ATA to add additional endpoints (telephones) to an OBi.

SipBri works fine on OBi Voice Gateways, which is described here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0

I have it working Voice Gateway3 (instead of Whistlephone used as an example in the above post):

Name : SipBri
AccessNumber : SPx(sip2.remacservices.net)
DigitMap : (Mste)
AuthUserID : your_SipBri_user_id
AuthPassword : your_SipBri_password

where SPx is the Voice Service you have configured for SIP (SP1/SP2).

Riyas

RonR,

If I use SipBri on VoiceGateway, will Incoming calls work ?

RonR

Quote from: Riyas on August 25, 2011, 03:48:36 AM
If I use SipBri on VoiceGateway, will Incoming calls work ?

Without SIP registration (i.e. using SP1/SP2) or without SipBri offering call forwarding via SIP URI, you won't be able to receive incoming calls.

It would be trivial for SipBri to offer a forwarding via SIP URI option, so maybe a request to them for such an addition is worth a shot.