News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot disable security alarm line for Obi202

Started by kulsean, May 01, 2018, 04:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

For the umpteenth time, your issue is unrelated to that check mark!!!!  Google Voice is working properly with that bogus check-mark enabled.  At worst, the check mark caused touch tones to not be recognized by some called numbers' IVRs.  I can fix that for you.

Did you, or did you not, follow my instructions to check your settings on the Legacy Google Voice web page?

kulsean

Any expert settings I could look into that might resolve this? Sorry to be so bothersome about this.

kulsean

I don't see where it says google chat but it does have my correct gv number.

SteveInWA

Why aren't you following my instructions?  It's almost 7pm here on the west coast, and I don't have any more time for your endless short replies.  Take some time to read and follow my posts, and then check back again tomorrow.

kulsean

So I followed your instructions going to the gv legacy tab and the settings and all. Everything seems correct.

kulsean

Sorry I've been replying from my iPad. Not a great keyboard.

SteveInWA

OK, your screenshot shows that this Google Voice number has been converted to the new Google Voice / OBiTALK platform, but it needs the new firmware to work properly.  The new platform no longer uses the Google Chat setting.

It also looks like you have two different OBiTALK devices assigned to your Google Voice number, right?  If so, does the other one work?

I don't have a way to offer you the new firmware.  You may just have to wait a few more days until this gets sorted out.

kulsean

Is it possible to use the new WiFi feature on an android phone even though it's not activated?

SteveInWA

Quote from: kulsean on May 02, 2018, 11:16:37 AM
Is it possible to use the new WiFi feature on an android phone even though it's not activated?

Yes.

kulsean

i just transferred the number to another google account and it finally started working again. Also they fixed the alarm check mark. Man this setup was a headache. I just started using these for my home office. I hope its worth it...

SteveInWA

Unfortunately, you happened to be one of the very first people to activate a device during the transition to the new firmware.  There was a bug, that was fixed today, which was setting a couple of parameters incorrectly, including the "alarm system" check box.  Hopefully your experience going forward will be less of a hassle.  Thanks for hanging in there!