News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Make All Lines Ring and Have Busy Indicator

Started by FocusGuy, August 05, 2018, 04:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusGuy

Hello,

I would appreciate some help with an issue I am having. I have the same 3 GV numbers setup under 2 devices (soon to be three)

Device
  SP1 - GV1
  SP2 - GV2
  SP3 - GV3

I would like to have all the phones show as busy when I am on one of those lines from the other phones. How do I do that?

GPz1100

There may be other ways, but one that comes to mind is configure disable call waiting under phone ports.  Specifically, uncheck "CallWaitingEnable" for each phone port you want to indicate busy.

Technically I don't believe there is such a thing as 'busy' with gv.  It will ring for about 25 seconds then go to voice mail.

SteveInWA

Quote from: GPz1100 on August 05, 2018, 06:43:07 AM
There may be other ways, but one that comes to mind is configure disable call waiting under phone ports.  Specifically, uncheck "CallWaitingEnable" for each phone port you want to indicate busy.

Technically I don't believe there is such a thing as 'busy' with gv.  It will ring for about 25 seconds then go to voice mail.

No, that won't work.

Each individual endpoint (forwarding destination), specifically an OBi, web client, Hangouts, Android app, or iOS app, connect individually to the host Google account.  You can, for example, be on a call on GV1 on phone 1, and another call on GV1 on phone 2, and neither phone has any idea, nor any way to control, the behavior of the other phones.  It's not like the analog world, where you're operating on one electrical pair of wires connected to all the phones.

FocusGuy

I read that having a PBX could fix this issue. Any truth to that?

drgeoff

Quote from: FocusGuy on August 06, 2018, 09:23:41 AM
I read that having a PBX could fix this issue. Any truth to that?
I think it does not provide the solution you search.  With PBX support (eg FreePBX) you can have one of the LEDs on an OBiphone illuminate when another OBiphone is in use.  However I think it does that irrespective of which SP the other phone is using.  BAsically, the BLF is intended to indicate that the person is busy, not the line.

FocusGuy

Having the lamp turn on to indicate that the person is busy but not the line is also acceptable. Could I do that without the PBX? I am was already going to set up an AA, conditional forwarding (based on hours of operation) and voicemail using the FreePBX.

drgeoff

Quote from: FocusGuy on August 06, 2018, 11:47:05 AM
Having the lamp turn on to indicate that the person is busy but not the line is also acceptable. Could I do that without the PBX? I am was already going to set up an AA, conditional forwarding (based on hours of operation) and voicemail using the FreePBX.
I think you do need the PBX.  I did try that out successfully during one of my "experiment sessions" a year ago.  Don't remember the exact steps to configure but ISTR doing nothing extra on FreePBX just on one of the 1032's 8 programmable keys.  LED would light when OBi110 was on a call through the FreePBX.