News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unexpected Update

Started by ceg3, May 08, 2018, 06:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

I had been watching for the upcoming update and was checking into OBiTALK, but just now I walked into my computer room and my OBi200 was getting an unannounced update. 

Taoman

Likewise. Just got automagically updated to 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX).

ceg3

This is the first auto-update I can remember getting.

SteveInWA

Good news.  Now, go to your Google Voice settings page, https://voice.google.com/settings and see if it has an entry for your OBiTALK device in the Incoming calls section.  Those take the place of the old "Google Chat" XMPP forwarding destination.

VegasTech

Have Obi200, firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5853EX), connected to google voice.  Obitalk status is connected and green.  Local Obi200 admin panel shows status connected.  All three lights on device are lit and green, with the center light fluttering occasionally.

All outgoing calls (including calls to Google Voice numbers) say "The number XXX-XXX-XXXX has not received a response from the service provider."

Any suggestions?  I'm considering registering with simonics.com and using the Obi200 as a generic SIP device, but that shouldn't be necessary.

drgeoff

Quote from: VegasTech on May 08, 2018, 12:55:27 PMI'm considering registering with simonics.com and using the Obi200 as a generic SIP device, but that shouldn't be necessary.
I guess you've never heard the adage "Look before you leap".

VegasTech

Quote from: drgeoff on May 08, 2018, 01:05:16 PMI guess you've never heard the adage "Look before you leap".

I'm considering that because I'm also using an OBI100 that uses siminics.com, and it's working fine today.

You can argue with success...

ceg3

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 08, 2018, 10:02:27 AM
Good news.  Now, go to your Google Voice settings page, https://voice.google.com/settings and see if it has an entry for your OBiTALK device in the Incoming calls section.  Those take the place of the old "Google Chat" XMPP forwarding destination.

Don't see that page in my Voice.  I was registered with GVGW and deleted and set up normally, but I don't see any mention of OBiTALK in Voice.

VegasTech

Quote from: ceg3 on May 08, 2018, 01:18:21 PMDon't see that page in my Voice.  I was registered with GVGW and deleted and set up normally, but I don't see any mention of OBiTALK in Voice.

Me either.

Taoman

Good news.  Now, go to your Google Voice settings page, https://voice.google.com/settings and see if it has an entry for your OBiTALK device in the Incoming calls section.  Those take the place of the old "Google Chat" XMPP forwarding destination.

Steve, I have two OBi200s and 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) has been pushed to both. Both GV accounts work great.
However, I am not seeing what your graphic shows in the new GV gui interface. It looks exactly as before. There is no sign of an "OBiTALK device," "Android device," or "Web." This for both GV accounts on both 200s. Any idea why?

Edit: Could it be because you were part of the GV app WiFi beta?

But when I look at the legacy gui interface it looks exactly as expected for both. Google Chat is gone and I see the OBiTALK Device - XXXXXXXXX along with my other forwarding numbers.

PS. I am getting incoming CNAM for all my Google Contacts. Is that expected?

VegasTech

Quote from: VegasTech on May 08, 2018, 12:55:27 PM
Have Obi200, firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5853EX), connected to google voice.  Obitalk status is connected and green.  Local Obi200 admin panel shows status connected.  All three lights on device are lit and green, with the center light fluttering occasionally.

All outgoing calls (including calls to Google Voice numbers) say "The number XXX-XXX-XXXX has not received a response from the service provider."

Any suggestions?  I'm considering registering with simonics.com and using the Obi200 as a generic SIP device, but that shouldn't be necessary.

OK, at the Obitalk website I removed the google voice profile and set it up again.  Shows connected again.  Now outgoing calls are rejected for error 403.

I can make calls from my gmail account interface online.

I'm wondering what's up with everyone getting a firmware update with 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX), while I have Build: 5853EX.  Maybe it's a bug in that firmware version.

VegasTech

OK, I got it working.  I first tried going to Simonics.com and registering a SIP account, but they're temporarily not taking new orders.

I remembered that I changed Internet providers and am using a new router.  Evidently Obihai tried pushing the firmware update but had firewall trouble.  For whatever reason that started blocking calls.  When I turned off the firewall I could make calls again.  I have since opened the recommended ports for Obihai and restarted the firewall.  Calls still work fine.

So all is well again, and I now have firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) like everyone else.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on May 08, 2018, 01:30:35 PM
Good news.  Now, go to your Google Voice settings page, https://voice.google.com/settings and see if it has an entry for your OBiTALK device in the Incoming calls section.  Those take the place of the old "Google Chat" XMPP forwarding destination.

Steve, I have two OBi200s and 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) has been pushed to both. Both GV accounts work great.
However, I am not seeing what your graphic shows in the new GV gui interface. It looks exactly as before. There is no sign of an "OBiTALK device," "Android device," or "Web." This for both GV accounts on both 200s. Any idea why?

Edit: Could it be because you were part of the GV app WiFi beta?

But when I look at the legacy gui interface it looks exactly as expected for both. Google Chat is gone and I see the OBiTALK Device - XXXXXXXXX along with my other forwarding numbers.

PS. I am getting incoming CNAM for all my Google Contacts. Is that expected?

Hey, at least your two devices work!   ;D  That's better than some folks' experience so far.  The missing OBiTALK device entries is very odd.  Interesting theory about me being in the WiFi beta.  I'm checking with Google, thanks.

If you have some time and you're curious, you can help diagnose this by signing out of ALL of your Google accounts, clearing your web browser's history, cache and cookies, closing and reopening your browser, and go back to the new UI:  https://voice.google.com/settings.  If the OBiTALK devices now show up, it was stale data.

Yes!  the caller's name will be provided under these two circumstances:  1) the calling phone number is in your Google Contacts, so Google matches it and displays the name, or 2) the calling phone number belongs to a business known to Google via Google+ or Google Search, so the matching business name will be displayed.

This is known as "Caller ID by Google", and the feature has been around since the Google Nexus/Pixel phones came out, and it was only offered on those phones.  The names are not coming from the CNAM LIDB.