News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1062 not ringing

Started by wpsb, May 09, 2018, 07:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpsb

I apologize if other people have asked this. I looked through the forum but can't seem to find this exact issue.

I have my GV account connected to both a 202 and a 1062.

A few days ago, my 1062 stopped ringing. The 202 still rings. I can still make calls from the 1062 but when someone calls, I can't pick up the call on the 1062.

I tried reconnecting the 1062 to my GV account etc. Nothing seems to work.

When I look at my GV setting , I only see one device - the 202, which is strange because I tried reconnecting the 1062 multiple times. Even though its not on the list, I can still make outgoing calls.

Again, sorry if this has been covered, but I dont see this exact issue and can't seem to figure it out.

My SP3 and SP4 numbers (which do not connect to my 202) all work fine. So there is clearly something wrong in the connection to my GV account.

wpsb

Out of the blue, the 1062 started ringing again this am. After a week of trying to fix it, it just fixed itself out of the blue. I have no idea how or why, since I haven't made any changes since yesterday.

SteveInWA

The 1062 temporarily failed because Polycom and Google are rolling out a major upgrade this week, including new firmware.  Your 202 received the new firmware before your 1062, which killed the 1062 until it also received the update.  You should be all set now.

wpsb

Steve, thank you.

I dont have autoupdate on my phones, so were these pushed? Because I did not manually update either one.

RFC3261

Quote from: wpsb on May 11, 2018, 09:34:46 AM
I dont have autoupdate on my phones, so were these pushed?
Yes.  Because of the changes Google is doing regarding GV integration (XMPP is dead, long live XMPP), OBi/Google have worked together (and we should thank both for working together) to coordinate and push the updates (so that you continue to be able to use GV).  Those with multiple devices sharing the same account likely hit some timing issues as far as firmware updates and functionality is concerned (mixing of the old and the new is always interesting).

Meats

I just want to go on the record and say I have the exact same issue but with a 1032 and 202. The 1032 hasnt been fixed yet.

wpsb

Thank you for your help. Any idea if future updates will be pushed or if I need to continue to manually update?

SteveInWA

It should be sufficient to let the system do it, and to periodically check on your OBiTALK device page for the orange triangle telling you that an update is available.