News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 GV suddenly won't ring

Started by gibhenry, May 08, 2018, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibhenry

Obi 202 s/n 88D01NA00IYJ, hardware v1.41, software v3.2.1 (Build: 5794EX), running under ObiTalk

ObiTalk shows "SP1 Google Voice Connected."  I've tried
   •   rebooting the Obi 202
   •   removing and reinstalling the GV settings
   •   changing the Obi 202 settings
   •   and did I say rebooting the Obi 202?

No matter what, it simply won't ring. 
   •   Yes, under the "legacy" interface, GV is set to ring the correct ObiTalk device # with a very long sip:BIHDQOCE...@obihai.sip.google.com URL. 
   •   Dialing #1 or #2 from either of the two connected phones rings the other phone, so it isn't a ring-current failure. 
   •   Outgoing calls are fine; incoming calls eventually go to voicemail without ringing.

Any commiserations, work-arounds, or suggestions?  Cheers,

Gib Henry

SteveInWA

Sorry to hear that.  Based on your post it sounds like your device is in some sort of limbo:  its firmware has not yet been updated, but it is showing as updated on the Google Voice website.

It's possible it was trying to update, but it was interrupted by something you were doing on either the GV or OBiTALK side.

It's best to not try anything else for now; do NOT try to manually fix it.  If the new firmware hasn't yet been pushed to your device tomorrow, post back again.  Thanks.

SteveInWA

Gib, also:  how many different Google accounts do you have connected to your 202?  Just on SP1, or others on the other SPs?

SteveInWA

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 08, 2018, 04:49:48 PM
Sorry to hear that.  Based on your post it sounds like your device is in some sort of limbo:  its firmware has not yet been updated, but it is showing as updated on the Google Voice website.

It's possible it was trying to update, but it was interrupted by something you were doing on either the GV or OBiTALK side.

It's best to not try anything else for now; do NOT try to manually fix it.  If the new firmware hasn't yet been pushed to your device tomorrow, post back again.  Thanks.
]
I checked with Polycom, and they said your device now has the new firmware.  Please pick up the phone attached to the device and key in ***0 then 1# to hear the firmware level.

gibhenry

Wow, yeah, v3.2.2.5859 did it, thanks!

There's only one GV account, but it's on 2 Obi 202s 8000 km apart.  The other one was ringing, but I just looked at it via ObiTalk, and it still reports v3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX)—in fact, they BOTH report that firmware version in ObiTalk!  I can't dial ***1# on the remote one to confirm an update (can I?).

However, I noticed that the remote one reports uptime of only 11 hours; there was no power failure there, so maybe it has already updated, or maybe it too needs another try at an update?  S/n 88D01NA00FM1, OBiNumber 500 740 442, HardwareVersion 1.4.

I didn't think I had the phones set to auto-update, because normally I see an "update available" icon in ObiTalk, and then choose when to execute the update.  But the local one is ringing now, thanks again!  Cheers,
--
Gib Henry

SteveInWA

Quote from: mbarsoom on May 09, 2018, 06:50:35 AM
Im having the same issue, i have three ObiTalk devices one that receives incoming calls and two that do not

202  88D01NAZXOCI  (this one works as it updated to 3.2.2)

these two are still on the old firmware and are not receiving incoming calls.
202 88D01NA00TUK   
1062 88K01NA00QUH

When I go to the legacy google voice settings only the first one is shown on the list, how do I get the other two devices to upgrade so they start working again.

Mike

All you need to do is to confirm that you have NOT disabled OBiTALK provisioning or otherwise prevented the devices from communicating with the OBiTALK portal.  Your devices will be automatically upgraded this week.  As of today, the current firmware level is 5859EX, which supports the new Google Voice infrastructure.  You can't upgrade manually.