News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Soft Phone Usage

Started by SifuGreg, May 12, 2018, 11:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SifuGreg

How does one use the Soft Phone? On the web site, I click the "CAll OBi" button and it invokes a popup that allows me to pic Speed Dial, Soft Phone, or Office (named).  Regardless of which I chose it goes through the motions but nothing happens.  Example, choose Soft Phone, field is pre-populated with 1* so I add the number I want to call after that.  I click "call" and the title changes to "starting call" and the button changes to "End Call" but no call is ever generated.  The status doesn't change nor does the line ring.  Clicking "End Call" returns it to "Call Ended" state.

azrobert

The call button basically doesn't work and hasn't for a long time. I could intermittently get it to call, but only had one-way audio.

You can use the Phonerlite softphone on a PC to make/receive calls. Do you have more than 1 service provider? What function do you want? Do you know how to use OBi Expert?

drgeoff

Quote from: SifuGreg on May 12, 2018, 11:08:07 AM
How does one use the Soft Phone? On the web site, I click the "CAll OBi" button and it invokes a popup that allows me to pic Speed Dial, Soft Phone, or Office (named).  Regardless of which I chose it goes through the motions but nothing happens.  Example, choose Soft Phone, field is pre-populated with 1* so I add the number I want to call after that.  I click "call" and the title changes to "starting call" and the button changes to "End Call" but no call is ever generated.  The status doesn't change nor does the line ring.  Clicking "End Call" returns it to "Call Ended" state.
The Softphone on your Dashboard is not the same thing as the Call Obi button.

The 9 digit Softphone number on your Dashboard is/was for use with the abandoned Obion apps.  If you do not have the PC, Android or iPhone version of Obion running and configured with the softphone number then the softphone number does nothing.

The prepopulated 1* is the speed dial number for the 9 digit softphone number.  Clearly appending any number to that is not going to achieve anything useful.