News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto-Disable phone numbers per schedule?

Started by talormanda, November 04, 2019, 06:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talormanda

(Google Voice)

I have two phone numbers paired to my obi200.

1 = home phone
2 = work

I want to be able to disable the work one while I am actually at work M-F 8AM - 4PM because it will ring and wake up people whom are sleeping. Then when I am off work, it will enable itself again. Currently, when I get a rush of phone calls I have to just block all traffic to the obi200 on the router so it doesn't annoy people at home. Is there any option out there or am I going to be stuck with throwing this device on a smart outlet and auto turning it off every day?

drgeoff

Quote from: talormanda on November 04, 2019, 06:08:42 AM
I have two phone numbers paired to my obi200.

1 = home phone
2 = work

I want to be able to disable the work one while I am actually at work M-F 8AM - 4PM because it will ring and wake up people whom are sleeping. Then when I am off work, it will enable itself again. Currently, when I get a rush of phone calls I have to just block all traffic to the obi200 on the router so it doesn't annoy people at home. Is there any option out there or am I going to be stuck with throwing this device on a smart outlet and auto turning it off every day?
OBis have no facility for changing any parameter depending on the time or day.

You have not said which Internet Telephone Service Provider(s) you are using.  Some of them do have such settings.  Google Voice and Callcentric are examples.

talormanda

My apologies, Google Voice. I would only want it shut off at the obi200 level. I do not want to shut off the entire number on the google voice settings as I use it during the day at work. I only want it off for the device at home.

azrobert

Powering off the OBi200 will also disable the Home phone. Is this what you want?

You can set DND by dialing a star code before you leave for work and the same to turn off DND when you return. The star code will have to be modified to turn on DND for only the Work phone.

Assuming Work phone is defined on SP1:
*78, Do Not Disturb, set(sp1($Dnd),1)
*79, Disable DND, set(sp1($Dnd),0)

drgeoff

Quote from: talormanda on November 04, 2019, 07:02:35 AM
My apologies, Google Voice. I would only want it shut off at the obi200 level. I do not want to shut off the entire number on the google voice settings as I use it during the day at work. I only want it off for the device at home.
There is a setting on GV to do that.  It is under the "Legacy" menus.

Log in to the appropriate Google account and go to voice.google.com.  At top left click the three stacked horizontal lines and click "Legacy Google Voice".

At top right click the gearwheel and click "Settings".

If necessary select the "Phones" tab. You should see your OBi listed.  Click the "Edit" button underneath it.  Click "Show advanced settings".  Make your adjustments under "Ring Schedule". The "Use custom schedule" lets you choose your own periods with 15 minute resolution.

Click "Save".

Repeat if wished for the account with the other phone number.