News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google stopped working suddenly with 400 error

Started by mz_guy, May 06, 2018, 08:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mz_guy

Sometime in the past day or two (I think), my Obi202 stopped working with Google voice.

I have had two services registered with Google Voice on the Obi, using two different Google Voice accounts. These have been working for years.

Now, when I look at the Obi's configuration, both Google services show Connect Failed: 400 Bad Request.

I've tried logging in again with credentials on one of the accounts, to no avail. I've also tried restarting the Obi a couple times.

I have two other services (SP1 & SP4) that are registered and working fine with other providers.

Any ideas? Thanks!

mz_guy

Thanks. I took a look there. In my case, Legacy Google Voice still shows "Chat" as a phone on both Google accounts.

Is there something else I can try that's less aggressive than a factory reset? I have tweaks that are years old (Digitmap settings, etc.) that I would have to re-enter. Since I don't recall what I changed from default, I'd likely have to record every advanced setting in the system!

mz_guy

Is it safe to restore expert settings from backup after performing your steps? If so, at which stage in your instructions should I do that?

SteveInWA

Quote from: mz_guy on May 07, 2018, 09:07:29 AM
Is it safe to restore expert settings from backup after performing your steps? If so, at which stage in your instructions should I do that?

If you don't want to factory-reset your device, then at least go into its settings and verify that you have not disabled provisioning nor disabled auto firmware update.

mz_guy

I ended up going with the factory reset, which fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

bill-cary

same problem - 400 bad request......... OBI200
I have 4 GV #s configured, 3 of them work, the primary SP1 does not for making calls.
I can dial out using **2, **3, or **4.
Incoming works on all lines.
No config changed.

F/W is common to all SPs, right?
Updates are enabled.
F/W = 3.2.2 (Build 5859EX)

I cannot open Google Voice for any of my accounts - it just sits there with a circle goin round

Any idea what the problem is?????????

corndog

same here, 400 on sp1, same account will work on any other sp#

following