News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 as a GV Gateway for an OBi100

Started by azrobert, May 15, 2018, 09:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

This topic has been moved here, so more people will see it. The OP wants to move GV#1/GVGW from an OBi100 to a native GV on an OBi200 and still be able to use GV#1 from the OBi100. We are going to keep the GVGW defined on the OBi100, but inbound will stop working after GV#1 is defined on the OBi200.

Here is his desired setup:

OBi100
  SP1-> Simonics -> 1st GV
  SP2-> Callcentric

OBi200
  SP1-> 2nd GV
  SP2-> 1st GV
  SP3-> 3rd GV
  SP4-> Callcentric (same as on OBi100)

Setup will be in another post to this topic.

azrobert

OBi100

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups  -> Voice Gateway1
Name: GoogleVoice
AccessNumber: sp1(xx.xx.xx.xx:5063)
DigitMap: (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1480>xxxxxxx)
AuthUserID: OBi100

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx with the IP address of the OBi200
5063 is the OBi200 SP4 X_UserAgentPort
Replace 480 with your local area code for 7 digit dialing

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Digitmap
The last rule is (Mpli)
Replace it with (Mvg1)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute
The last rule is {(Mpli):pli}
Replace it with  {(Mvg1):vg1}

OBi200

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{OBi100>(Msp2):sp2},{ph}

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(0@yy.yy.yy.yy:5060)

Replace yy.yy.yy.yy with the IP address of the OBi100
5060 is the OBi100 SP1 X_UserAgentPort

11, 10 and 7 digit numbers dialed on the OBi100 will be routed to GV#1 on the OBi200 SP2.
Inbound GV#1 calls on SP2 will be routed to the phone port and the OBi100
From the OBi100 dial **1 followed by a number to route outbound to the GVGW on SP1.
More explanations to come.

azrobert

If you have a native GV definition on the OBi100 SP1 or when the GVGW stops working, replace it with this definition:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi100
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

If SP4 is open on the OBi200, define a dummy trunk:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi200
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

You will have audio problems when routing calls to another OBi device and the receiving SP trunk is registered to a provider. That is why I unregister those trunks. If you need the trunk registered, making the following change on the receiving trunk will fix the problem:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile ? -> SIP -> X_DiscoverPublicAddress: unchecked

Edit:

Blocking SIP scanners might also block calls between the 2 OBi devices.

If you have an OBi202 running in router mode, you might need changes to your network.

Edit2:

I found a couple typos and corrected them. Hopefully, I didn't make any more errors.

zsak23

Quote from: azrobert on May 15, 2018, 11:47:17 AM
<snip> the receiving SP trunk is registered to a provider. That is why I unregister those trunks. If you need the trunk registered <snip>

When would a trunk need to be registered?

Thank you so much for all this info.

azrobert

Quote from: zsak23 on May 15, 2018, 12:39:29 PM

When would a trunk need to be registered?

Some providers require registration. I know CC doesn't and I think GVGW doesn't.

You need registration to receive inbound from the provider. GVGW inbound will stop working, so you won't need it there. I don't know the features on E911. You won't need registration to call 911 or 933. If they call you with emergency warnings then you will need registration.

zsak23

I should be okay without registration then.

Thank you

azrobert

If you want to configure this in steps:

Define GV#1 on SP2 then

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(0@yy.yy.yy.yy:5060)

Leave the OBi100 unchanged.

Outbound will go to GVGW
inbound will arrive at the OBi200 then routed to the OBi100.

This is what I did.

When this is working then complete the remainder of the config.

zsak23

I've been watching the GVGW SIP testing 'cause doing nothing is the easiest path and disturbing the main household phone will disturb my luddite spouse (who has trouble using a cell phone).

Since you already have an OBi100 inbound routed to an OBi200, I'm interested in knowing the benefits of such a setup.  Obviously redundancy is one.

Thank you.

SkOrPn

On my Obi110 I can make calls still, but I can't receive them (just tested as of today).

So my question is why would I need to keep the Obi110 if I get a Obi200 to replace it? Couldn't I just buy the Obi200 and set it up natively with GV and toss out the Obi110 (or sell it on ebay if it still has value)?

I am just confused why anyone would want to use the old Obi if they have a newer one?

zsak23

I have both devices.  The Obi100 is connected to the phone lines in the house.  It would be easiest for me to link the 2 than to physically replace it with the OBi200.

SteveInWA

Quote from: zsak23 on June 28, 2018, 03:05:12 PM
I have both devices.  The Obi100 is connected to the phone lines in the house.  It would be easiest for me to link the 2 than to physically replace it with the OBi200.

Why do you consider it "easiest"?  It takes less than 15 minutes to physically swap out the 100 for the 200 and configure the 200 to your needs.

dircom

azrobert
I gave an Obi 100 to a friend in Belize, then a few years later sent an Obi 200 to work with GV.
Belize telecom seems to be blocking GV, they have a friend in town who uses another another ISP and GV on the Obi 200 will work there.
Could you tell me how calls to the 200 can be sent automatically to the Obi 100
and calls from the Obi 100 automatically dial out from the Obi 200?
At this moment the Obi 100 is in a separate dashboard with SP 1&2 not configured)
thanks
(The Obi 200 is still in my dashboard configured with a working GV #. I am thinking the 200 will have to come to the US briefly to reconfigure it to the "Belize dashboard"  I am thinking "trusted callers" might have something to do with future configurations)