November 12, 2018, 09:05:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obi202 Static when switching back back to original caller after call waiting  (Read 10740 times)
jakesonline

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2018, 05:38:54 pm »

Same here. Static and drop on call waiting and sometimes static and drop mid call, without call waiting.
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2018, 09:48:28 pm »

Google and Polycom are still investigating this problem.  There is no estimate of when it will be fixed.

--Steve

Google Voice Forum Product Expert

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/voice
zapattack

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 12:08:03 am »

Frustratingly  random.
First OG call in morning, hold, static.
Next calls, hold, no static.
Next day first call, no static.
Hour later, static.
zorlac

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2018, 11:03:54 am »

Not a fluke.
I dial a "Consumer Cellular" cell phone # in NJ, the guy picks up, I hear the dreaded static, he hears nothing.
He immediately calls me back, no problems.
Consistently repeatable and quite annoying.  Angry
At this time it seems to be the only number that this happens with consistently.

Would it be worth it to manually flash my obi200 from 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX) to 3.2.2 (5921EX) and see if it helps?  Huh
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:45:46 am by zorlac » Logged
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2018, 03:19:15 pm »

Not a fluke.
I dial a "Consumer Cellular" cell phone # in NJ, the guy picks up, I hear the dreaded static, he hears nothing.
He immediately calls me back, no problems.
Consistently repeatable and quite annoying.  Angry
At this time it seems to be the only number that this happens with consistently.

Would it be worth it to manually flash my obi200 from 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX) to 3.2.2 (5921EX) and see if it helps?  Huh

You won't break anything by upgrading the firmware, but I am pretty certain it won't fix the issue.  I met with the Polycom folks and the Google team last week, and they don't know why it's happening, but the CODEC mismatch is a strong suspect.

--Steve

Google Voice Forum Product Expert

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/voice
wpsb

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2018, 08:37:19 am »

I'm not sure if this is a related issue (or if its been addressed in other posts) but I've been having a slightly similar problem with my 1062.

When I called someone this am, I could not hear the other person. They could hear me and said I sounded very strange. I then called them back from SP2, they could hear me but again I sounded strange, this time i could hear them.

I rebooted and it fixed the issues. This has happened several times over the past few weeks.

I realize not the same issue as listed above, but wanted to see f its related.
managerharry

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2018, 09:29:22 am »

Amazingly this issue still persists.  It did seem to get better for about a week, them came back.  Occasionally if I flash to an incoming call, and then very quickly flash back to the original call I won't get static, but about 90% of the time it doesn't work. 

Also at least 1-3 times a day I answer a call and get only dead air.  Usually the caller calls back and I can hear them fine.

I even purchased a new Obi202 which had the exact same issue so I returned it and kept using my old 202 model.

If you are going to advertise this device as compatible with Google Voice, it seems like a very basic, fundamental feature to be able to switch back and forth from original and incoming calls.

I've learned to work around it for now but it's a major pain in the ass and the moment I can find a suitable replacement for Google Voice + Obi I will be happy to move on.
Noah9D8

« Reply #47 on: Today at 05:55:29 am »

I have this issue as well. Using the OBI 200. it also persists, in most cases, when recording a call in Google Voice. It's always done that (started using it in May). I'm not using this for business or anything, so it's not a super big deal. Still an annoyance, though, and one I'd love to see fixed...
-Noah
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: