March 26, 2019, 12:13:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obi202 Static when switching back back to original caller after call waiting  (Read 40296 times)
caleecs

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2019, 12:55:26 pm »

I don't know if this is a similar issue. I'm using Obi 200 with GV.

Twice in the last couple of days I have been on longish calls. About 10 minutes in on one call and about 30 minutes in on another call, the audio was lost and replaced with static white noise. The party on the other end could no longer hear me, but heard a GV message "This call is now being recorded". Their side of the conversation ended up being left as a voicemail message.

I was able to hang up and redial to continue the call.

In response to bbarker, while under warranty I filled out support requests multiple times (on a different issue) and called in and never heard back from support.
glenviewjeff

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2019, 01:43:37 pm »

I should add the following info in case it's not already in this thread. When the loud static/white noise happens, and it also happens mid-call sometimes for me too, the person on the other end can't hear it and can hear me fine. I'll usually talk into the white noise and ask them to call me right back.
dazedxxx

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2019, 05:35:04 pm »

Having same issues with two 200's at different locations that I got six months apart (but within the year warranty).

I filed a support ticket with obi, and if they don't fix it before my warranty is up I will not buy the extended.

I had three 110's for about 5yrs and had no issues...until I was forced to buy new hardware (200's).

Lets see how they handle this...so far this thread is 10 months old, and still no fix.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:37:46 pm by dazedxxx » Logged
flamaest@gmail.com

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2019, 03:50:35 pm »

Same issue here with my model 200 as of about 6 months ago. Someone said to try another 200 power supply. I will attempt this since I have a backup unit in the box. Never had this problem with my OBI 100 model.
drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2019, 09:02:54 am »

Same issue here with my model 200 as of about 6 months ago. Someone said to try another 200 power supply. I will attempt this since I have a backup unit in the box. Never had this problem with my OBI 100 model.
This is a known issue, unresolved for months.  Nothing to do with power supply.
cj4331

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2019, 09:12:45 am »

I'll chime in too.  I've been having the static problem when I answer an incoming call (not call waiting) for months now.  It happens frequently but not often enough to plan a test.

I think it's OBI and not GV because I have GV send the call to my OBI and cell. When someone calls my GV number, my obi phone and cell phone both start ringing.  I go to pick up on the obi and I get loud static.  I then notice the cell is still ringing.  Unfortunately I can't remember ever having been able to make it to the cell phone and successfully answer the call on it.  I have grabbed the cell and hit answer but nobody was there and I'm not sure if I just missed them hanging up or if it was dead or if it was just another robo call checking to see if I'd answer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: