News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo 911 promotion

Started by Felix, January 22, 2013, 09:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZARUS

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 21, 2017, 12:55:33 PM
My post described how it works for Callcentric's E911 service provider.  I'm a little surprised that Anveo didn't work the same way, as there aren't many E911 SPs and you'd think they would follow the same standard.

You'll need to work with Anveo to understand what's going on.  It's not something specific to the OBi.

I created an account and opened a ticket with Anveo and they corrected it. I now have confirmation that 911 can call me back if my call is dropped (albeit they do it from a different number that is mapped to my SIP registration for 911 service, when I say different number I mean one different from my OBiTalk/Google Voice setup). Just to point out when calling 933 with Anveo they don't confirm the call back information if a 911 call is dropped, they only confirm address information and that the audio is going through to the 911 dispatcher. It would be nice if they would add in the call back information like Callcentric does per your direction.

Thank you for the replies, hopefully this discussion will help others.

LAZARUS

Quote from: LAZARUS on November 21, 2017, 08:54:11 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on November 21, 2017, 12:55:33 PM
My post described how it works for Callcentric's E911 service provider.  I'm a little surprised that Anveo didn't work the same way, as there aren't many E911 SPs and you'd think they would follow the same standard.

You'll need to work with Anveo to understand what's going on.  It's not something specific to the OBi.

I created an account and opened a ticket with Anveo and they corrected it. I now have confirmation that 911 can call me back if my call is dropped (albeit they do it from a different number that is mapped to my SIP registration for 911 service, when I say different number I mean one different from my OBiTalk/Google Voice setup). Just to point out when calling 933 with Anveo they don't confirm the call back information if a 911 call is dropped, they only confirm address information and that the audio is going through to the 911 dispatcher. It would be nice if they would add in the call back information like Callcentric does per your direction.

Thank you for the replies, hopefully this discussion will help others.

Just and update for anyone reading, disappointing. Shortly after I closed the ticket with Anveo the number that was working for 911 call back stopped functioning. I am not confident if there was a real emergency, I called 911 and for some reason we got disconnected, that the operator would be able to call me back. This is due to Anveo and has nothing to do with OBiTalk, BUYER BEWARE. If anything changes I will report back.

SteveInWA

Well, given this situation, I'd suggest giving up on Anveo and using Callcentric's E911 service instead.

GaryYang

"This is working by design.  The VoIP service provider intentionally assigns a telephone number when you make 911 calls.  The number is mapped to your SIP registration for 911 service.  This is because VoIP service customers can have outbound service, just for 911, without having an inbound telephone number.  Sending this phone number enables them to call you back if the call is disconnected.  You can test it yourself by calling the number read out by the 933 test.  It should ring your OBi-attached phone."

I am using Callcentric's E911 + GV. I noticed that the number read out by 933 test is not always reachable. It's only reachable for a while after I call 933. Do you know how long it remains reachable after 911 call? This is important too.

SteveInWA

No idea.  I doubt they would have designed it to fail after a short time.  And, by definition, "emergency" means "something very bad needs help very quickly", so I don't see any reason why you would worry about how many hours or days later you'd want that number to be reachable.  In the 0.0001% situation where it might be an issue, you could just hang up and call 911 again.  In all the years that the service has been available, not one person has ever posted that this became an issue.