News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incorrect pricing on ObiTalk site:Amazon INCREASES pricing 5%

Started by jccpa, May 16, 2018, 02:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jccpa

So, Amazon increase Prime membership from $99 to $120/year, increases pricing by 5% (72.72 instead of 69.99), but advertises 5% "discount" if you sign up for their credit card.

So the $69.99 listed on ObiTalk portal is really $72.72 + sales tax = about $80.

ObiHai needs to start considering other online vendors than Amazon. BestBuy is $99, no help there.

Oh yeah, I have to buy Obi 202 because my 110 won't ring with Google Voice (even with 2886 fw), as GV has it blocked and won't allow it to be listed and selected for call transfers. Also can't be added to a Link (two locations) with my Obi200

Guess I just got screwed buying the Obi110 and then GV dumped ObiHai the next month. It and the Obi200 have been sitting on a shelf for a while until I tried it again. At least the Obi200 still works.

Welcome to my ObiHai "adventure" LOL.

Any cheaper place to buy Obi equipment? I am seriously looking at dumping Amazon (Prime since 2004). I switched to monthly membership to try weaning off it. ;)

azrobert

Quote from: jccpa on May 16, 2018, 02:49:58 PM

Oh yeah, I have to buy Obi 202 because my 110 won't ring with Google Voice (even with 2886 fw), as GV has it blocked and won't allow it to be listed and selected for call transfers. Also can't be added to a Link (two locations) with my Obi200

See:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13933.0

Edit:
Has your OBi110 been added to the OBiTalk portal?
You can define a speed dial to call the other OBi's
If your OBi110 is at a different location, you can use a different technique to call out on GV on your OBi200.

SteveInWA

So, Amazon increase Prime membership from $99 to $120/year, increases pricing by 5% (72.72 instead of 69.99), but advertises 5% "discount" if you sign up for their credit card.

So the $69.99 listed on ObiTalk portal is really $72.72 + sales tax = about $80.

ObiHai needs to start considering other online vendors than Amazon. BestBuy is $99, no help there.

Guess I just got screwed buying the Obi110 and then GV dumped ObiHai the next month. It and the Obi200 have been sitting on a shelf for a while until I tried it again. At least the Obi200 still works.

Any cheaper place to buy Obi equipment? I am seriously looking at dumping Amazon (Prime since 2004). I switched to monthly membership to try weaning off it. ;)

They do use multiple merchants.

Here's the other primary place where the products are sold:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833617008&cm_re=obi_200-_-33-617-008-_-Product

SteveInWA

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 16, 2018, 06:04:19 PM

They do use multiple merchants.

Here's the other primary place where the products are sold:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833617008&cm_re=obi_200-_-33-617-008-_-Product

Also:  I don't know how you did the math.  There is no 5% surcharge.  It's the same price on Amazon as on Newegg, $50.

Sheffield_Steve

I think he's trying to factor in part of his Prime membership cost, so as to get the "true" cost of the module.

jccpa

Quote from: azrobert on May 16, 2018, 03:08:01 PM

See:

Edit:
Has your OBi110 been added to the OBiTalk portal?
You can define a speed dial to call the other OBi's
If your OBi110 is at a different location, you can use a different technique to call out on GV on your OBi200.

Thank you for the reply. I'll take some time to go through that new post and digest it. I have added my 110 to the OBiTalk portal. I can call OUT with the 110 on my GV, but it will not RING INCOMING calls.

On my OBi200, I had to enable incoming ringing by using GV setup, settings, call, transfer and put checkbox next to the OBi device listed. The 110 doesn't show up there. The OBi202 does show up, as well as my other telephones that ring incoming GV calls.

Sorry if I wasn't so clear the first go, was a bit frustrated (in case nobody could tell, LOL)

PS- My 110 and 200 are at different locations.

jccpa

Since a couple of people posted about the OBi200, I should clarify that I was talking about buying OBi202.

Pricing? Went up from OBiTalk's $69.99 to Amazon and NewEgg pricing of $72.72

Okay, not *exactly* 5% but close ;)

I appreciate the comments and feedback.

SteveInWA

Quote from: jccpa on May 17, 2018, 08:16:39 PM
Since a couple of people posted about the OBi200, I should clarify that I was talking about buying OBi202.

Keep in mind, you don't need a 202 unless you want to have two separate physical telephone lines, into which you plug separate telephones.

If you only need one telephone line, then the 200 is obviously cheaper, and I was comparing it to your 110, which also supports only one phone port (ignoring its POTS port).

All current OBiTALK ATAs support up to four service providers, vs. the 100 series two service providers.

And finally, yes, the pricing fluctuates, like the "market price" of lobster.  If you wait until the end of this month, I am pretty confident you'll see a sale at one of the two merchants I mentioned.

jccpa

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 17, 2018, 08:30:40 PM
Quote from: jccpa on May 17, 2018, 08:16:39 PM

Keep in mind, you don't need a 202 unless you want to have two separate physical telephone lines, into which you plug separate telephones.

If you only need one telephone line, then the 200 is obviously cheaper, and I was comparing it to your 110, which also supports only one phone port (ignoring its POTS port).

All current OBiTALK ATAs support up to four service providers, vs. the 100 series two service providers.

And finally, yes, the pricing fluctuates, like the "market price" of lobster.  If you wait until the end of this month, I am pretty confident you'll see a sale at one of the two merchants I mentioned.

Thanks again.

I do need 2 separate lines for 2 phones. Home office, so one for home line and one for "office" calls when I work from home or eves. Need it to link to the office (OBi200) so I can answer and use them seamlessly from either location.

I hope there is a sale soon, I plan to put some OBi200's in for other people.

azrobert

From the OBiTalk Dashboard click Speed Dials
Define a speed dial: pp(123456789)
Replace 123456789 with the OBi Number of the device you want to call

Setup the OBi110's GV account on SP2 of the OBi200

Use OBi Expert to make the following changes:

OBi200

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,pp(200222222)

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{200222222>(Msp2):sp2},{ph}

Replace 200222222 with the OBi number of the OBi110

OBi110

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
The 1st rule is: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}
Change it to: {(Mgv)):pp}

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Map2
Label: gv
DigitMap (<510111111*>(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1480>xxxxxxx|011xx.))

Replace 510111111 with OBi number of the OBi200
Replace 480 with your local area code

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

Dial 7, 10, 11  or intl numbers from the OBi110 and they will be routed out SP2 of the OBi200.
Inbound calls on OBi200 SP2 will be routed to the phone port and the OBi110
Dial the speed dial number to call a device.

To transfer a number:
Press Flash to place the call on hold
Dial the speed dial number of the device you want to transfer the call
Hang up after they answer.

The above setup routes calls over the OBiTalk network to the other device.

jccpa

Quote from: azrobert on May 18, 2018, 04:39:54 AM
From the OBiTalk Dashboard click Speed Dials
Define a speed dial: pp(123456789)
Replace 123456789 with the OBi Number of the device you want to call

Setup the OBi110's GV account on SP2 of the OBi200

Use OBi Expert to make the following changes:

OBi200

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,pp(200222222)

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{200222222>(Msp2):sp2},{ph}

Replace 200222222 with the OBi number of the OBi110

OBi110

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
The 1st rule is: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}
Change it to: {(Mgv)):pp}

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Map2
Label: gv
DigitMap (<510111111*>(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1480>xxxxxxx|011xx.))

Replace 510111111 with OBi number of the OBi200
Replace 480 with your local area code

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

Dial 7, 10, 11  or intl numbers from the OBi110 and they will be routed out SP2 of the OBi200.
Inbound calls on OBi200 SP2 will be routed to the phone port and the OBi110
Dial the speed dial number to call a device.

To transfer a number:
Press Flash to place the call on hold
Dial the speed dial number of the device you want to transfer the call
Hang up after they answer.

The above setup routes calls over the OBiTalk network to the other device.

Good example of how to "link" the units manually, thanks!

I'm new to configuring the scripts on OBi, so it will help. Is there a guide I can read on it? I tried changing some options like selecting a ring profile, but the options were grayed out. I am likely missing a step or two?

I have GV setup on SP2 of both OBi200 and remote OBi110. It is the default number on each and dials out on that same number and sends the GV number by CallerID.

The OBi200 is also setup to RING on incoming GV/SP2 calls. It didn't at first, I had to enable it in GV setup by selecting the OBi device under settings, call, transfer.

The OBi110 does NOT ring on incoming GV/SP2 calls. I went to GV setup same as above, but the device doesn't show up in the list of devices to select. I don't see a way to manually configure anything there? I did try the first time to add the OBi number of the device, but it is missing a digit, LOL.

FYI. The OBi110 does not show up in the section of available devices under the "Link" section and it has the usual 'we no support ancient equipment' (paraphrased, LOL) about the 110

1. How do I make the OBi110 ring on incoming GV/SP2 calls?

2. Will the end of June GV changes kill off the OBi110 anyways? If so, not much use tinkering with it.

Thanks.

azrobert

Quote1. How do I make the OBi110 ring on incoming GV/SP2 calls?

2. Will the end of June GV changes kill off the OBi110 anyways? If so, not much use tinkering with it.

You are missing the whole point of this exercise! GV on OBi110 will totally stop working in June. At that time you can delete the GV definition from the OBi110.  The above example will setup the OBi200 as a GV gateway for the OBi110. OBi110 outbound calls are route over the OBiTalk to the OBi200. The OBi200 uses its GV trunk to complete the call. Inbound calls will arrive on the OBi200 and then routed to the OBi110.

Currently, are the GV definitions on the OBi200 and OBi110 the same account? If you are using the same GV account for both the OBi200 and OBi110, you can share the same GV account on the OBi200 SP2 on both boxes. If they are different accounts, you need to define the OBi110 GV on an open SP slot on the OBi200.

I am currently using this setup on my OBi200 and OBi110 and it works perfectly.

QuoteFYI. The OBi110 does not show up in the section of available devices under the "Link" section and it has the usual 'we no support ancient equipment' (paraphrased, LOL) about the 110

Please re-read the beginning and end of my previous post about speed dials. Linked devices are doing the same as my speed dial example. They call another device by calling there OBi Number.

QuoteI tried changing some options like selecting a ring profile, but the options were grayed out.

In OBi Expert you must uncheck BOTH boxes to the right of the Value to be able to change it.

If you are using separate GV accounts, go ahead and define the OBi110 GV on the OBi200 and let me know what SP you used. I'll then update the example. Do you want inbound calls on the OBi110 GV ring both boxes?

jccpa

Quote from: azrobert on May 18, 2018, 08:43:06 AM
Quote1. How do I make the OBi110 ring on incoming GV/SP2 calls?

You are missing the whole point of this exercise! GV on OBi110 will totally stop working in June. At that time you can delete the GV definition from the OBi110.  The above example will setup the OBi200 as a GV gateway for the OBi110. OBi110 outbound calls are route over the OBiTalk to the OBi200. The OBi200 uses its GV trunk to complete the call. Inbound calls will arrive on the OBi200 and then routed to the OBi110.

Currently, are the GV definitions on the OBi200 and OBi110 the same account? If you are using the same GV account for both the OBi200 and OBi110, you can share the same GV account on the OBi200 SP2 on both boxes. If they are different accounts, you need to define the OBi110 GV on an open SP slot on the OBi200.

I am currently using this setup on my OBi200 and OBi110 and it works perfectly.

QuoteFYI. The OBi110 does not show up in the section of available devices under the "Link" section and it has the usual 'we no support ancient equipment' (paraphrased, LOL) about the 110

Please re-read the beginning and end of my previous post about speed dials. Linked devices are doing the same as my speed dial example. They call another device by calling there OBi Number.

QuoteI tried changing some options like selecting a ring profile, but the options were grayed out.

In OBi Expert you must uncheck BOTH boxes to the right of the Value to be able to change it.

If you are using separate GV accounts, go ahead and define the OBi110 GV on the OBi200 and let me know what SP you used. I'll then update the example. Do you want inbound calls on the OBi110 GV ring both boxes?

Okay, I am not being rude, just a little dense if I missed the point earlier, LOL. But it is becoming clearer, thanks.

Manually "Linking" with the speed dials is perfect, I will try that, thanks. I thought I acknowledged that earlier, but lots of other things happening here at the same time, maybe I was too brief or unclear ;)

Your OBi110 config info is especially important due to the pending June GV death for the 110. I only recently read about that in a different post, which is why I asked it mid-thread. Thanks for clearing that up.

So far, ignore the POTS on OBi110, I don't think I'll be using that feature at this time...maybe later. I bought this some time ago, before GV killed the OBiHai devices and didn't get back to it until now. Bad timing back then :(

Goals:

1. The main GV number should ring on the OBi110 at the remote site AND the OBi200 (and shortly the OBi202).

2. GV also rings/forwards to my cell and home lines (the home line will eventually transition to the second phone line of the OBi202 once I work out the landline porting stuff) Right now this is already in GV setup.

3. Dialing out will default on the remote OBi110 to the GV number (for CallerID purposes)

4. Dialing out will default on the OBi200 and 'business line' phone port of the OBi202 to the GV number.

I had planned to replace the OBi110 with the OBi202 because I couldn't get it configured properly and assumed no options due to the impending GV death of it. But now I think I will STILL REPLACE it and shuffle around and use the OBi110 for a separate GV number as primary for fax or additional outgoing line.

Ultimately it will look like this once I configure and MOVE the devices.

Home office, OBi202

Phone port 1: GV business line on SP2 (*default outgoing), GV home line on SP1, Remote OBi200 linked as call-transferable extension.

Phone port 2: GV home line on SP1 (*default outgoing), GV business line on SP2

SP3 or SP4 - Anveo E911 line for emergency calls from either phone port (device default for 911 calls)

Works as extension in the group

OBi200, main office

SP2- GV business line (*default outgoing)

SP1- other GV line...maybe fax/additional line?

No 911 service needed- or can I forward to home office Anveo port????

OBi110, uncertain of location yet

SP2- GV business line (*default forwarding to outgoing SP2 on OBi200 or OBi202, whichever it is local to)

Not sure of any other purpose? *Might* connect PSTN to office landline for outgoing faxes? Probably not, since that is currently an incoming voice line...Can the OBi110 do fax detection/autoanswer and ignore if it is voice so other phones can answer incoming voice calls??? (shared voice/fax line)

Surely it would have helped if I laid all this out initially, but I wasn't quite sure about a few things, which have become clearer now- both technically and office wise.

Question: How many incoming/outgoing simultaneous calls does a GV number allow? I know it does call waiting at least, since that happened the first time yesterday with an incoming call on my GV number while on my GV number.

If/when things get much more than this, probably subscribe to a VoIP provider on OBiHai for the business line(s), but gotta start on a shoestring.

Question2: Once I configure OBi200 or OBi202, I can move them to any ethernet with DHCP/internet and it will work exactly the same without reconfiguring? So I could pre-configure a box for a friend with his stuff on it and send it in the mail to him with instructions to plug into ethernet/internet router and his phone and power and it will be good to go???

I am seeing OBiHai much more clearly now with all the help and reading the forum. Thanks ;)

zorlac

Robert, you sir are amazing!
Thanks not only for "digging in" to these devices but taking the time to post it too!  ;)
Mark

jccpa

Quote from: zorlac on May 18, 2018, 10:19:22 AM
Robert, you sir are amazing!
Thanks not only for "digging in" to these devices but taking the time to post it too!  ;)
Mark

Absolutely! I will certainly owe Robert more than one beer ;)

azrobert

For anyone reading this thread:
I posted this previously:

This method uses the local network to route call between the 2 boxes. Some people have been successful using this method from 2 different locations and others have had audio problems. I'm not setup to test it from 2 locations. That is why I suggested using the OBiTalk network to route calls in my post#9 above. It's any easier setup, but requires a functioning OBiTalk network.

Question 1
See:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31964252-The-new-SIP-GV-supports-3-channels

Note restamp's post about terms and conditions.

Question 2

It "Should" work. Having SIP ALG configured in your friend's router can cause strange behavior. That's a router problem and not an OBi configuration problem. I can't think of anything else that would cause problems, but I'm sure there is something.