News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Getting "404 Not Found" When I configure new OBI200

Started by Steve.Ryan, May 16, 2018, 07:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve.Ryan

Hi all,

I just bought a brand new OBI200 and was trying to configure it with Google voice.  Each time I tried saving the configuration or connecting the device with my Google account I get a white page with "404 Not Found" and not much else on it.  Any idea what is going on? I am fairly technical and I had no problem configuring my old OBI110. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Steve

phonebob

I'm having the same problem with a new OBi 202.  I got the error when I tried to register the device - although it seemed to register (at least it shows up in my dashboard with fields populated, and allows me to configure it).  But I get the 404 error each time I try to configure a service provider. If I go back to the configuration page and CANCEL, it the SP I've tried to configure shows up with the name I gave it, and staus "Service Not Configured".  I've tried enabling and disabling DMZ for the device at my router - with no effect.  I am able to call the OBi echo service.

I am replacing an OBi200 which has been working fine, and configuring the same services. (I just need the 202 for the 2nd phone port).

azrobert

I was getting a 404 error navigating OBi expert. It seems to be fixed now, so try again.

phonebob

After a few hours, it now seems to be working.  Ironically, I also got a 404 error posting my previous reply - so it seems to be (or have been) an OBiTALK problem.

JillM

Getting this error when trying to update a provider.  Also my sister getting this error when trying to set up google phone and add another service provider

RFC3261

Quote from: azrobert on May 16, 2018, 09:44:22 PM
I was getting a 404 error navigating OBi expert. It seems to be fixed now, so try again.
Still seeing various 404's, so it is not (completely) fixed.  Possibly a work (or restoration) in progress that may take some time to fully resolve (if the site is load balanced, some people may see the new/old until everything gets back in sync).

Baumbach

You can add me to the list of those getting 404 Not Found openresty/1.9.7.4

I am not able to added a Google Voice account, or access the settings in the OBi Expert Configuration Menu.

hzct

Same 404 error here.

Tried about 20 times and finally got SP1 connected. (404 disappeared, got back to dashboard with success message)

I believe this is web server capacity problem. In last few days the Obi1xx stopped working and users were forced to upgrade to Obi2xx. So a lot of setup traffic to their web server.

chilirock

Add me to the list of people who receive the "404 Not Found" error when trying to add a Google Voice account to one of my open SPx slots. I noticed this last night for the first time. The night before I started receiving the 404 error, I received an "invalid username/password" error attempting to log into the ObiTalk.com site. I hadn't changed my username or password in over a year. There is definitely something going on with the ObiTalk website.

I sent an email to Obi Support on the 404 error, but haven't received a response. They rarely ever respond to my support request emails even though I have paid for extended support.

CoasterDean

I'm also getting the same 404 errors across their site in various locations.

I just got the Obi 200 to replace the 100.  I've had it plugged in for 24 hours now, but still can't get past the 404 mess on their site to setup GV.

Specifically, when I attempt to link a Google Voice account, I go through most of the steps.  I get past the popup window asking me to link my Google account to Obitalk.  The next popup shows an Obitalk page that asks me to confirm the Google account I'm going to use on Obitalk.  I hit confirm, then get the 404.  If I back out of the 404 error and get to my dashboard, GV actually does show up, but with a status of "Service Not Configured" that never changes.

If I go to delete the GV entry on the dashboard, that leads me to a 404 error, too.  But when I back out of it and get to the dashboard, it does appear to be gone.

I'm 99% sure I'm doing all of this correctly.  I've even factory reset my router to remove any possibility that I had a bad setting on there causing a problem.  I sure hope someone over there gets their act together and fixes these 404 errors so we can configure our devices.  I didn't spend $50 for a box to flash green lights at me.

RFC3261

Quote from: hzct on May 17, 2018, 06:22:58 PM
I believe this is web server capacity problem.
Possible, but the nginx web server (which is what the openresty packaging uses under the covers) typically produces different errors than 404 (not found) under excessive loads, and the obi infrastructure is mostly run on AWS, which has various scaling capabilities (load balancers and/or very large instance types) which would suggest simple capacity is not the issue.  I do agree with chilirock that we are unlikely to know the root causes, it will just eventually get different (hopefully better).

CoasterDean

The plot thickens (see my previous post above).....

As I've been doing for the past few days, I try each morning to connect GB to my Obi 200.  For some reason, it actually worked this morning.  I went through the process as I always have, but I got no 404 error.  GV shows up in SP1 and states that it's connected.  When I get home tonight, I'll do a full test with the GV phone number, test the voicemail, etc.

So if you've been having the 404 problem, go and give it a shot.  It might work for you now.

chilirock

I tried again tonight and I was able to successfully add a secondary Google Voice account to my Obi200. The setup completed as normal without errors. Here's hoping the issue has been resolved.

It is disconcerting that there can be a serious production issue that prevents users from adding services to their new or existing devices and there is no communication from the company that sold and supports the device.